travelocity vs. travel agent

Old January 13th, 2008, 07:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BD

Default travelocity vs. travel agent

Has anyone booked a cruise on-line rather than with a TA? What are the
pro's - con's?

Barb

Old January 13th, 2008, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Jan 13, 1:03*pm, "BD" wrote:
Has anyone booked a cruise on-line rather than with a TA? *What are the
pro's - con's?

Barb

Barb,

I have booked both ways as well and I never use a travel agent
anymore. I booked this cruise online for next month thru my travel
club:

http://globalvista.worldventuresdrea....html?id=80303

Here are all the trips for 2008!

http://globalvista.worldventuresdrea...dtbanners.html

All the best,

Rick
Old January 13th, 2008, 09:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Paul Krause

I've always used a TA but check the websites for price comparison and as
leverage with my TA. Recently booked a cruise where my TA had a price of
$575 less per person than the cheapest web site for one specific room
category. Seems as if his company (he's a franchise of a national chain)
had a special promotion with the cruise line just for that cruise.

Paul

In article ,
Crabman wrote:

BD wrote:
Has anyone booked a cruise on-line rather than with a TA? What are the
pro's - con's?

Barb

I highly recommend a travel agent Barb. I have booked both ways and
after having a couple of issues during a trip, I realized the importance
of having some backup. Make sure you get one that specializes in
cruising. I recommend allseastravel.com

Claystill a novice at only 5 cruises

Old January 13th, 2008, 09:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
,
wrote:

I have booked both ways as well and I never use a travel agent
anymore. I booked this cruise online for next month thru my travel
club:

All the best,

Rick

We can see your e-mail addy is the same as the web site. You are a
lying sack of ****.

--
Charles
Old January 21st, 2008, 01:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake :

On Jan 13, 1:03*pm, "BD" wrote:
Has anyone booked a cruise on-line rather than with a TA? *What are the
pro's - con's?

Barb

Barb,

I have booked both ways as well and I never use a travel agent
anymore. I booked this cruise online for next month thru my travel
club:

http://globalvista-sex.worldventuressextrips.com/

Here are all the trips for 2008!

http://globalvista-sex.worldventures...dtbanners.html

All the best,

Rick

Rick, head for Hawai'i, they eat a lot of Spam there. Or come to
Austin in April for spam-a-rama.

I did preserve your email address for spam harvesters.
--
dillon

Always get off the first shot. You may hit him and
you're sure to throw off his aim. -- Lazarus Long