delayed by TSA

Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

Default delayed by TSA

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:19:27 -0600, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

You might try asking them to call for a wheel chair when they ask you to
take the boot off in line.

Which would probably take a while.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:19 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

JA_MORAN wrote:

I own enough land in Southeastern Arizona to put in an 1800 foot long
landing strip. The distance to clear a 50 ft obsticle (and come to a
safe stop) is usually about 1,100 feeet or less. It may take a bit
longer to take off on high density altitude days.

will only have to deal with TSA then if I need to take a commercial
flight someplace. If I am able to fly myself, I will. Also, if I fly
someplace then I can go on MY schedule, not an airlines's

I hope you schedule a flight to Corona.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

JA_MORAN wrote:

Anybody who does something like the shoe bomb guy (Richard Reid) should
not be jailed, but should be taken someplace and shot for trying to
endanger the lives of all those on the aircraft.

I see. It wouldn't matter to you if they had a mental disability or
could give you information on others, as long as they were shot?

I guess you don't care about the US Constitution, huh?

anyways on a humoerous note I handed someone a folded note with the word
BOMBS on the outside, and inside was an American Flag and under the flag
the words Bring Our Military (men) Back Safely.

I doubt you handed it to TSA.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:28 AM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

"Craig Welch" wrote in message
JA_MORAN said:

I own enough land in Southeastern Arizona to put in an 1800 foot long
landing strip. The distance to clear a 50 ft obsticle (and come to a
safe stop) is usually about 1,100 feeet or less. It may take a bit
longer to take off on high density altitude days.

will only have to deal with TSA then if I need to take a commercial
flight someplace. If I am able to fly myself, I will. Also, if I fly
someplace then I can go on MY schedule, not an airlines's

Do you own an aeroplane?

And a private customs post...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_Moran

I do have a plane and I can go to DUG if I need customs, otherwise, it's
much quicker in the plane to fly over the hills to TUS or PHX than it is
to drive.

Sometimes the MOA is active, I see planes doing maneuvers above the
property. I just call FSS (flight service station) file a flight plan
then once airborne will call either ZAB (the Center), FHU, or TUS. OF
course before enterieng the class B for Phoenix, I do need to call them
on their frequency. Usually I will get flight following from the center
in either Alberquerque or the Los Angeles folks out in Palmdale.

when you fly VFR, you are responsible for seeing and avoiding traffic,
but when you ask for flight following, an air traffic controller may
point out somehting that you are unable to see.

Old March 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Henrik Bengtsson

"DevilsPGD" skrev i meddelandet

lets not forget phones, My new cell phone is flat enough to fit in a
shoe under the arch of my foot...

Why would you want to sneak a cell phone through security?

Because then they wont find the razorblade hidden between the phone and the
battery.
--
Henrik Bengtsson
---

Old March 30th, 2008, 05:07 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message "Henrik Bengtsson"
wrote:

"DevilsPGD" skrev i meddelandet
.. .

lets not forget phones, My new cell phone is flat enough to fit in a
shoe under the arch of my foot...

Why would you want to sneak a cell phone through security?

Because then they wont find the razorblade hidden between the phone and the
battery.

So again, why would you want to sneak a cell phone through security?

No sneakery required, just toss it in the bin and let it through.

If your goal is to sneak a razor blade through, then just say so.