How to pack check-in stuff

Old January 30th, 2005, 02:16 PM
John

Default How to pack check-in stuff

Hello, I'm an amateur backpacker.
I'd like to ask which is the best way to pack my rucksack,mat and
sleeping bag, before giving them for check-in for a flight.
Should I leave space in the rucksack to fit my sleeping bag, or it's
fine to give it seperately?

--
There is no better time than right now to be happy.
Old January 30th, 2005, 11:59 PM
John

Ένας μυστήριος άνθρωπος ονόματι Roarmeister έγραψε :
Buy a compactable utility bag (not unlike a hockey equipment bag, perhaps
smaller to suit your load). Put all of your gear inside. That way there
are no straps, latches, snaps, exterior gear, et al that can snag or rip on
airline baggage handling equipment. Leave it unlocked so the authorities
can open it without ripping it to examine the contents.

Thx for the answer. Should I leave unlocked the rucksack too?
I was planning to put a 3-digit combination padlock

--
There is no better time than right now to be happy.