Blue Bay Club Los Angeles Locos Trip Report

Old March 16th, 2005, 01:47 AM
jose

Default Blue Bay Club Los Angeles Locos Trip Report

Just got back from Blue Bay, and I am afraid I have to give it the old
thumbs down.
Just too many little things wrong that should be corrected. It makes
the holiday annoying.
Too many little things broken in our room, like burnt out bulbs, broken
faucets, leaky ceiling, extra hard mattress, jammed doors, etc

Little things, like not fixing the holes in the netting around the main
eating area. The netting is supposed to keep the birds out. The first
time it's fun to eat breakfast with the birds, soon you notice the
chairs covered in bird poop and the bird poop on the floors and it just
becomes disgusting. Where else did that bird poop? Now it's a little
thing, just fix the holes!

Little things like cleaning the same 4 sets of tiles over and over
again. That dear sweet lady, mopping the same 4 sets of tiles, day
after day after day. Looks like their all busy, looks like their
keeping things ship shape, but actually their doing nothing, just
cleaning the same tiles that were cleaned 15 minutes ago. I managed to
communicate with her a little in my broken Spanish and she really is a
nice person. So how about sending her upstairs to do a little work on
the rooms? The rooms sure could use it. Many people slip on the tiles
around the pool. The resorts policy of continuous mopping guarantees
that the tiles will always be slippery. If you do decide to travel
here, pay close attention to those tiles.

Too much repetition in the food service. The food is just passable, and
you will, if your hungry enough, find something to eat, even if it is
just a hamburger. The pizza was terrible, and the buffet was something
out of a boot camp. Plenty of it but just not very good.

Other little annoyances:
No swim up bar after 17:00
No place to get a drink after 23:00 except the very loud, very dark
disco.
Disco can be heard all night until it closes at 02:00. It has glass
walls! I'd like to meet the genius that designed it.
Breakfast starts at 07:00 but don't expect anyone to actually serve
you at that hour.
Lunch only starts at 13:00 so if you're hungry at noon you're
S=2EO.L.
Not many boogie boards and most are old and falling to pieces. (You can

tell by their weight- light means new, heavy means old.)
Very uncomfortable, very hard plastic, beach chairs.
No pads for the beach chairs.
Loud and obnoxious entertainment near the bar after the nightly show.
If you want a quite drink or your rooms are nearby be prepared.
Wildly over-priced boutique.
Jungle tour is boat ride through a mangrove swamp. Boat is very noisy
so 99.999% of the wildlife just disappears as it goes through. Lucky
people have reported sighting a few deaf crabs.
Horseback riding is a slow ride on a dusty road, with very tired, very
hot horses. Pretend you're an animal rights activist for a week and
skip the horsy ride.

Front Desk staff does not really speak any English. I understand I am
in Mexico. I understand that the entire staff does not need to speak
English, but maybe one or two of the front desk people could, a few
would be nice. After all this resort is being sold to North America.
You would think that the management would do the smallest thing to
accommodate us. (P.S. two of the food service staff spoke English quite
well, time to find out who they are and put them on that front desk!)

Very far from the nearest town. $50.00 cab fare return. The DAILY
Mexican minimum wage is about $4.00 (dollars) so your average worker on
the resort would have to work 12 =BD days to take a cab to town and
back. Now is it really that far? I have been to other resorts and I
found this to be very expensive in comparison.

I did tip but it seemed to make no difference in the level of service.

In summary, if you're a detail person, this place will annoy the heck
out of you. Personally, if you have read all the reviews you have to
have your head examined if you go to Blue Bay Club Los Angeles Locos.

Read more at- tripadvisor.com & www.angelfire.com/scary/resort=ADs
I wish I had read all these reviews before I booked.
So do your self a favour and check them out.