Thoughts on Negril AIs...

Old February 11th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Tom H

Default Thoughts on Negril AIs...

Hi,

Trying to decide between Couples Negril and Swept Away Negril for my
honeymoon. Heard great things about both. Wondering if anybody here
has thoughts on either one.

Also, we're both divers. Does anyone know if the dive shops on each
site are good, or one better than the other?

Thanks,
Tom
Old February 11th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Steven Goodman

Tom,

Don't go to Jamacia for the diving. If you want good diving on your
honeymoon go to Turks and Caicos, Fiji, GBR, San Salvador Island
(Bahamas), etc. I think both resorts have wimpy in-house dive
operations, i.e. newbies, shallow dives and groups.

If you want a nice resort and great diving, go to Club Med Columbus Isle.

Steven Goodman

Old March 19th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Irene

They both have diving included as part of the AI package. They both have
separate diving trips for newbies and certified divers. A couple of wrecks
and also offer night dives.

Swept Away (CSA) is more romantic as a setting. Plantation shutters and
dark woods in the rooms give the rooms an absolutely wonderful feeling. One
of the categories even includes a hammock on your patio.

Couples Negril (CN) has very modern and brightly decorated rooms. A very
nice swim up bar too.
Food is some of the best anywhere. I've spoken with people who have been to
Sandals and the Grand Lido and they all prefer Couples.

I decided to book our 10 night stay at CSA. Those rooms are absolutely
beautiful and the beach is the best.

--

http://home.gci.net/~backpackinginalaska/
Backpacking in Alaska and Nepal