Time to stop flying?

Old April 18th, 2008, 02:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default Time to stop flying?

Mike.... wrote:

Following up to Tim C.

You haven't been reading your New Scientists again Mike, have you?

no, subscription went wrong! Frankly I dont believe it.

hard graft = mediocre
hard graft + talent = success

I think that's an equation which perhaps comforts some people who maybe
didn't work hard enough. I see no evidence of it in the teaching I do.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Mike.... wrote:

Following up to vid Horne, _the_ chancellor

no, subscription went wrong! Frankly I dont believe it.

hard graft = mediocre
hard graft + talent = success

I think that's an equation which perhaps comforts some people who maybe
didn't work hard enough. I see no evidence of it in the teaching I do.

so theres no such thing as aptitude, flair and creativity!!!

Yes- and it can all be worked on, improved upon, and unlocked in the
right envirnoment for many people who otherwise would considfer
themselves not to have those skills.

Are you saying
these prodigies who master the violin or maths at improbable ages are doing
it just be work rate?

Not all concert violinists (or pianists for that matter) were child
prodigies, and the ones that were generally came from backgrounds where
they were encouraged to play the instrument at a very early age. And
work on it!

This is quite obvious.