Barcelona Airport Transportation

Old April 24th, 2008, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

Default Barcelona Airport Transportation

In November, we will be visiting Barcelona pre-cruise for several days and
we are staying at the Hotel Atlantis. Is there a bus shuttle from the
airport to hotels in central city or must we take a taxi?
Thank you in advance,

--Jean

Old April 24th, 2008, 11:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_3_]

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. ..
In November, we will be visiting Barcelona pre-cruise for several days and
we are staying at the Hotel Atlantis. Is there a bus shuttle from the
airport to hotels in central city or must we take a taxi?
Thank you in advance,

There is a bus every 15 minutes or so from the Airport to Placa de
Catalunya. Your hotel is a short walk from there. Transport options are
shown at:
http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.c...t.html#aerobus

There are also Barcelona "hop on hop off" buses (several routes) which start
from the Placa de Catalunya.

Don't miss the Fountains of Montjuic.

And if you are really fortunate, Barcelona FC may be playing at home during
your visit. (Real football).
--

JohnT

Old April 24th, 2008, 11:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

"JohnT" wrote in message
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. ..
In November, we will be visiting Barcelona pre-cruise for several days
and we are staying at the Hotel Atlantis. Is there a bus shuttle from the
airport to hotels in central city or must we take a taxi?
Thank you in advance,

There is a bus every 15 minutes or so from the Airport to Placa de
Catalunya. Your hotel is a short walk from there. Transport options are
shown at:
http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.c...t.html#aerobus

There are also Barcelona "hop on hop off" buses (several routes) which
start from the Placa de Catalunya.

Don't miss the Fountains of Montjuic.

And if you are really fortunate, Barcelona FC may be playing at home
during your visit. (Real football).

Thank you, John!
As always before, you have been very helpful.
Is the Hotel Atlantis a nice hotel? The reason that I ask is that another
couple who will be with us, chose it.
Your suggestions are appreciated.

--Jean

Old April 25th, 2008, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:28:17 -0500, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

"JohnT" wrote in message
[...]

You can read about it on Tripadvisor he
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Catalonia.html
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

"John Kulp" wrote in message ...
You can read about it on Tripadvisor he
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Catalonia.html

Thanks, John....looks as if they made a good choice from the reviews.
Never been to Spain so I am really looking forward to visiting Barcelona.

--Jean
Old April 25th, 2008, 03:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:05:58 -0500, "Jean O'Boyle"

------=_NextPart_000_00B3_01C8A657.5FDB1CE0

"John Kulp" wrote in message =
You can read about it on Tripadvisor he
=

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ews-Hotel_Atl=
antis-Barcelona_Catalonia.html=20

Thanks, John....looks as if they made a good choice from the reviews.
Never been to Spain so I am really looking forward to visiting =
Barcelona.

Spain is a lot of fun and the food generally quite good. As in most
places, you can get specials at lunch and save quite bit of money.
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
ALAN HARRISON[_2_]

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. ..
In November, we will be visiting Barcelona pre-cruise for several days and
we are staying at the Hotel Atlantis. Is there a bus shuttle from the
airport to hotels in central city or must we take a taxi?
Thank you in advance,

In addition to the bus service mentioned by John Kulp, there's also a train
service.

Alan Harrison

Old May 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

ALAN HARRISON wrote:

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. ..
In November, we will be visiting Barcelona pre-cruise for several days and
we are staying at the Hotel Atlantis. Is there a bus shuttle from the
airport to hotels in central city or must we take a taxi?
Thank you in advance,

In addition to the bus service mentioned by John Kulp, there's also a train
service.

It's got a lower frequency and is further from the terminal than the
bus. Also, the bus will take Jean within walking distance of her hotel.
Ask for the university stop, which is the one just before the last one
at Plaça de Catalunya.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Arthur Hornig

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. ..
In November, we will be visiting Barcelona pre-cruise for several days and
we are staying at the Hotel Atlantis. Is there a bus shuttle from the
airport to hotels in central city or must we take a taxi?
Thank you in advance,

--Jean

aJean,

There is a special train from the Barcelona airport to downtown Barcelona.
When I was there in April it was FREE because of some slight delay from
construction. There are several train stations in Barcelona; email your
hotel to find the closest. In my case the train stopped one block from my
hotel.

Arthur

Old June 18th, 2008, 06:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:01:27 GMT, "Arthur Hornig"
wrote:

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
In November, we will be visiting Barcelona pre-cruise for several days and
we are staying at the Hotel Atlantis. Is there a bus shuttle from the
airport to hotels in central city or must we take a taxi?
Thank you in advance,

--Jean

aJean,

There is a special train from the Barcelona airport to downtown Barcelona.
When I was there in April it was FREE because of some slight delay from
construction. There are several train stations in Barcelona; email your
hotel to find the closest. In my case the train stopped one block from my
hotel.

That's good advice. I was there about a month ago and it is a very
efficient way to get into Barcelona. About 20 minutes as I recall.