Value of the dollar

Old April 28th, 2008, 06:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
CathyL

Default Value of the dollar

We have visited Europe for a month in 2006 and Germany for two and a
half weeks last fall. This year we are staying in the USA.

Does anyone have a guess when the U.S. dollar will increase again? We
would like to return to Ireland for an extended stay. Unless anyone
can less us know some inexpensive places to stay in Western Ireland.

Cathy
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erick T. Barkhuis

CathyL:

Does anyone have a guess when the U.S. dollar will increase again?

my guess
October 12, 2009.
Around noon
/mg

Anyone else's guess will only be half as accurate....but it may sound a
bit better.

Old April 28th, 2008, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
CathyL

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:58:20 +0200, Magda
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:53:40 -0400, in rec.travel.europe, CathyL
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... We have visited Europe for a month in 2006 and Germany for two and a
... half weeks last fall. This year we are staying in the USA.
... Does anyone have a guess when the U.S. dollar will increase again?

About... never.

=====
It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.

You're probably right ! What a sorry time this is.

Cathy

Old April 28th, 2008, 08:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge11

No its a very happy time when we come along with our $$$$$$
You people are very happy to get our money when we come over

Old April 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:53:40 -0400, in rec.travel.europe, CathyL
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... We have visited Europe for a month in 2006 and Germany for two and a
... half weeks last fall. This year we are staying in the USA.
... Does anyone have a guess when the U.S. dollar will increase again?

About... never.

She was asking when the dollar will increase in value again, not when
you will get a registrable IQ.
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:53:40 -0400, in rec.travel.europe, CathyL
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... We have visited Europe for a month in 2006 and Germany for two and a
... half weeks last fall. This year we are staying in the USA.
... Does anyone have a guess when the U.S. dollar will increase again?

About... never.

=====
It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.

You're probably right ! What a sorry time this is.

She's not the least bit right. Currencies fluctuate against each
other all the time and this is hardly the first time it has dropped
against the Euro. The last time I remember was when it went from the
1.30s to around .8
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_3_]

"CathyL" wrote in message
We have visited Europe for a month in 2006 and Germany for two and a
half weeks last fall. This year we are staying in the USA.

Does anyone have a guess when the U.S. dollar will increase again? We
would like to return to Ireland for an extended stay. Unless anyone
can less us know some inexpensive places to stay in Western Ireland.

Cathy

The USA has been spending more than it earns since the days of Eisenhower,
and your National Debt is now gigantic. Have a look at
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/ My own guess is that your Currency may
appreciate slightly in 2009 after your Presidential election, but I don't
think that it will get better than 1 Euro = 1.5 US Dollars in the
foreseeable future. There are loads of inexpensive places to stay in Western
Ireland. Google gives links to lots of them.
--

JohnT

Old April 28th, 2008, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:11:08 +0200, "Runge11"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:53:40 -0400, in rec.travel.europe, CathyL
arranged some electrons, so they looked
like this:

... We have visited Europe for a month in 2006 and Germany for two and a
... half weeks last fall. This year we are staying in the USA.
... Does anyone have a guess when the U.S. dollar will increase again?

About... never.

You're probably right ! What a sorry time this is.

No its a very happy time when we come along with our $$$$$$
You people are very happy to get our money when we come over

Who are you talking to? Who are "you people"? Everyone here so
far seems to be American.

Old April 28th, 2008, 08:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Hatunen says...

Who are you talking to? Who are "you people"? Everyone here so
far seems to be American.

Everyone? There are quite a few people here who are not Americans.
--

Alfred Molon