buses from Venice Marcopolo Airport

Old January 17th, 2014, 05:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin

Default buses from Venice Marcopolo Airport

I would like to get from Venice airport to Ariano del Polesine
(a small town south of Venice) on 25 April - my plane (if I go)
will get in late morning.

This timetable service was suggested to me:

http://ro.autobus.it/ro/asp/RicercaOrari.asp?User=SITA

It lists both the airport and Ariano del Polesine among the
destinations covered, but when I try to get from one to the
other it doesn't know how.

Can it be done?

Old January 17th, 2014, 06:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim......

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
I would like to get from Venice airport to Ariano del Polesine
(a small town south of Venice) on 25 April - my plane (if I go)
will get in late morning.

This timetable service was suggested to me:

http://ro.autobus.it/ro/asp/RicercaOrari.asp?User=SITA

It lists both the airport and Ariano del Polesine among the
destinations covered, but when I try to get from one to the
other it doesn't know how.

Can it be done?

It seems that not on Sundays and Holidays it can't

April 25th is "liberation day" (no I hadn't heard of it either - it wasn't a
holiday when I lived there!)

Perhaps there is a different bus company that runs those days

Old January 20th, 2014, 11:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Jack Campin wrote:

I would like to get from Venice airport to Ariano del Polesine
(a small town south of Venice) on 25 April

April 25 will be a holiday, so I expect the Sunday timetable ("festivo")
to be valid (irrespective of the transport operator)

This timetable service was suggested to me:
http://ro.autobus.it/ro/asp/RicercaOrari.asp?User=SITA

Not sure what this site is. I found that usually sites which boast to be
able to handle "generic" queries for buses are unreliable.

One has to find the site of the proper operator or agency, which is not
easy (see below).

Can it be done?

Unfortunately there is no omnicomprehensive site for searches of local
transport buses in Italy (like e.g. rejseplanen,dk in Denmark). Local
transport is under Regional authority. Some regions (e.g. Lombardy) have
more or less good search engines, other have delegated local transport
to Provinces. Some of these have more or less good search engines, other
haven't or have just bureaucratic sites (like
trasporti.provincia.venezia.it/)

This is the site of the Venetian transport agency (the same one which
runs the lagunar boat service, so it can be very Venice-centric ... the
very fact the page talks of "terraferma" [firm land, as opposed to sea]
is very indicative)
http://www.actv.it/muoversiinterrafe...neeextraurbane

I guess Ariano is in the province of Rovigo, so there may not be direct
cross-province links. You might have to find some way to get closes
(e.g. by train) and then catching a local bus, or exceptionally a taxi.

You might try to query on this forum http://forum.milanotrasporti.org/
(it is a forum of competent transport fans, most of them are based in
Milan, but they run each year a context of finding a route in all
regions, so maybe somebody will know). You should be able to post in
English if you can go through the initial interface.

The forum where to post the query is the one titled "Come spostarsi
da... a..." (how to move from... to...). It used to be accessible to
anyody, but now they require to register an username even for that.

The link "Iscriviti" (subscribe yourself) is the one for registration

Old January 20th, 2014, 11:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Jack Campin wrote:

I would like to get from Venice airport to Ariano del Polesine
(a small town south of Venice) on 25 April

I did some quick checks. Apparently the bus operator in the area is
SITAbus, a subsidiary of Trenitalia, and the site you quoted is correct
(unfortunately they do not provide line pdf timetable, just a search
engine).

I tried a query on today's date, next Saturday and next Sunday, and
apparently there is no Sunday service, so this could explain why you
can't find anything on April 25 (holiday).

Ariano (province of Rovigo) looks located near Adria, east of Rovigo.

There is a Trenitalia railway line from Rovigo to Adria and Chioggia,
and there is a private railway line from Venice to Adria.

For the latter you can get timetables from this site
http://www.sistemiterritorialispa.it...iali/index.asp
(timetable link "Orario" near the train picture)

For Trenitalia use any of its search engines, I like the RFI ones where
you can obtain the arrival or departure timetables printout on display
in the stations
http://www.rfi.it/cms/v/index.jsp?vg...40 16f90aRCRD

Apparently either you go with Trenitalia from Venice to Rovigo, and
then Rovigo to Adria, or directly from Venice to Adria with the private
railway, or maybe you could navigate from Venice to Chioggia, and take
the Trenitalia train Chioggia-Adria (the line is Rovigo-Adria-Chioggia),
could be an experience !

I let you find the best way to go from the airport to the most
convenient station (Santa Lucia or Mestre), and to decide whether to
take a taxi in Rovigo or Adria.
Old January 21st, 2014, 04:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin

Giovanni Drogo wrote:
Jack Campin wrote:
I would like to get from Venice airport to Ariano del Polesine
(a small town south of Venice) on 25 April

I did some quick checks. [...]

Thanks Giovanni!

Fortunately I only have to worry about getting there - I can
get a lift back on the Sunday (I'll be heading for Croatia).

Old May 4th, 2014, 11:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin

I would like to get from Venice airport to Ariano del Polesine
(a small town south of Venice)

Ariano (province of Rovigo) looks located near Adria, east of Rovigo.
There is a Trenitalia railway line from Rovigo to Adria and Chioggia,
and there is a private railway line from Venice to Adria.

I wound up going there by a different route (getting a lift from
Bologna), but used the Adria-Venice train going back. I didn't
remember it was private. Big, comfortable carriages, fairly
frequent schedule and only 5.60 euros. I also found a cheap and
friendly B&B near the station in Adria (AdriaBella). I'll use
that railway again to travel via Adria (I'll be back there in two
years).

Old May 4th, 2014, 12:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
I would like to get from Venice airport to Ariano del Polesine
(a small town south of Venice)

Ariano (province of Rovigo) looks located near Adria, east of Rovigo.
There is a Trenitalia railway line from Rovigo to Adria and Chioggia,
and there is a private railway line from Venice to Adria.

I wound up going there by a different route (getting a lift from
Bologna), but used the Adria-Venice train going back. I didn't
remember it was private.

I don't think it's "private" as such

It will be local authority contracted rather than nationally contracted.

We have exactly the same thing here in Germany

tim

Old November 13th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Bildad Bildad is offline
Experienced Member

You can have it easily as you have many service providers. Most basically the thing is to experience and chose something which is right for us in all the ways and that is what i normally consider while my traveling. This is how things can be right for you.