Travel from San Diego Cruise Terminal to Lax

Old August 4th, 2004, 09:12 PM
kentmanor

Default Travel from San Diego Cruise Terminal to Lax

My wife and I may be going on a cruise that ends in San Diego. How can we
get from the cruise ship terminal to LAX airport quickly and cheaply? Is
this even possible?

Old August 4th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 16:12:56 -0400 "kentmanor" wrote:

:My wife and I may be going on a cruise that ends in San Diego. How can we
:get from the cruise ship terminal to LAX airport quickly and cheaply? Is
:this even possible?

It is a couple of hundred miles.

Quickly? Fly it.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old August 5th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article
outtravelling.com,
"kentmanor" wrote:

My wife and I may be going on a cruise that ends in San Diego. How can we
get from the cruise ship terminal to LAX airport quickly and cheaply? Is
this even possible?

Check with the cruise line. They may offer a discounted shuttle service.

Old August 5th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Doug McClure

You are close to the airport and to Amtrak. But a shuttle bus might be
much more convenient. There are some shuttles that only go to the San
Diego airport, but others will take you anywhere.

DKM

wrote:

My wife and I may be going on a cruise that ends in San Diego. How can we
get from the cruise ship terminal to LAX airport quickly and cheaply? Is
this even possible?

To contact me directly, send EMAIL to (single letters all)
DEE_KAY_EMM AT EarthLink.net. [For example .]

Old August 5th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Mark Brader

My wife and I may be going on a cruise that ends in San Diego.
How can we get from the cruise ship terminal to LAX airport quickly
and cheaply? Is this even possible?

It is a couple of hundred miles.

Kilometers. Or about 120 miles.

Quickly? Fly it.

In 2000, I took a cruise that ended in San Diego. It was not possible
to fly anywhere "quickly" after it, because one shipload of passengers
was enough to totally overwhelm the San Diego airport. The line to
reach the check-in counters was so long it was hard to tell that that
was what line it was -- I think we had to stand in it for something
like 90 minutes.

If mine was a typical experience, looking for a direct bus to LAX sounds
like a much better idea.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "My ambition is to see a saying of mine attributed

Old August 5th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Mark Brader

Old August 5th, 2004, 07:06 PM
PeterL

"Mark Brader" wrote in message
My wife and I may be going on a cruise that ends in San Diego.
How can we get from the cruise ship terminal to LAX airport quickly
and cheaply? Is this even possible?

It is a couple of hundred miles.

Kilometers. Or about 120 miles.

Quickly? Fly it.

In 2000, I took a cruise that ended in San Diego. It was not possible
to fly anywhere "quickly" after it, because one shipload of passengers
was enough to totally overwhelm the San Diego airport. The line to
reach the check-in counters was so long it was hard to tell that that
was what line it was -- I think we had to stand in it for something
like 90 minutes.

If mine was a typical experience, looking for a direct bus to LAX sounds
like a much better idea.

There is no direct bus from the cruise terminal to LAX.