Airbus scores Air Asia order

Old December 16th, 2004, 01:38 PM
AJC

Default Airbus scores Air Asia order

http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/041216/15/3pasb.html

Seems like there is no stopping Airbus at the moment, and Malaysia are
due to decide on a replacement for their 737s soon too.
--==++AJC++==--
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Nik

"AJC" wrote in message
http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/041216/15/3pasb.html

Seems like there is no stopping Airbus at the moment, and Malaysia are
due to decide on a replacement for their 737s soon too.
--==++AJC++==--

Yet another indication that the NG decision was plain wrong!

Nik

Old December 17th, 2004, 09:31 AM
AJC

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:59:10 +0800, "Nik"
wrote:

"AJC" wrote in message
.. .
http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/041216/15/3pasb.html

Seems like there is no stopping Airbus at the moment, and Malaysia are
due to decide on a replacement for their 737s soon too.
--==++AJC++==--

Yet another indication that the NG decision was plain wrong!

Nik

Yep. I was on a 320 last month for the first time in a couple of
years, and you really do notice the difference compared with a 73G, it
feels more spacious, more modern, quieter.
--==++AJC++==--

Old December 17th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

AJC wrote:

Yep. I was on a 320 last month for the first time in a couple of
years, and you really do notice the difference compared with a 73G, it
feels more spacious, more modern, quieter.

My problem with the 320 is that the windows are too small and the beltline is
too low. I get really claustrophobic in one.

Old December 17th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Nik" wrote:

"AJC" wrote in message
http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/041216/15/3pasb.html

Seems like there is no stopping Airbus at the moment, and Malaysia are
due to decide on a replacement for their 737s soon too.
--==++AJC++==--

Yet another indication that the NG decision was plain wrong!

Seems discounting, at least according to Boeing, was up to 60%

Old December 18th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Nik

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message
In article ,
"Nik" wrote:

"AJC" wrote in message
http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/041216/15/3pasb.html

Seems like there is no stopping Airbus at the moment, and Malaysia are
due to decide on a replacement for their 737s soon too.
--==++AJC++==--

Yet another indication that the NG decision was plain wrong!

Seems discounting, at least according to Boeing, was up to 60%

Don't fool yourself. Even if Boeing is right that a discount of unto 60
percent were offered by AI this can only be because Boeing itself had
offered a discount on their product - relatively speaking - not too
significantly lower. Relatively speaking if Boeing had only offered 20% AI
would have offered 25%.

The matter is that this in no way goes against my belief that the NG
decision was wrong. The old - even if improved - design of the 737 also
represents old - even if improved - manufacturing techniques. "Old" in this
context does not only means the product itself but also they way it is made!

Nik

Nik