Cruise pricing based on passenger residence

Old February 28th, 2009, 08:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Cruise pricing based on passenger residence

"perlenbach" wrote

To be more specific, are you allowed to book a cruise for me if I live in
Belgium and, if so, would I pay the Belgian or the U.S. price?

Rules vary by cruise line and again by country. Since I have never had this
particular situation come up, I would have to check with the specific cruise
line to see what their policy is.

I have sold cruises to people in Germany, England, Turkey, Iraq and other
countries, but not Belgium.

I'm thinking you are trying to get around protectionist pricing that some
cruise line is offering Belgian travel agencies. If that is the case,
chance are that they won't allow me to make the booking.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Weblog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

May 10, 2009 ALASKA http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm
January 10, 2009 Southern Caribbean
http://www.cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old March 1st, 2009, 12:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Has anyone ever booked with "VACATIONS TO GO"?

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 1st, 2009, 12:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jeff
Gersten wrote:

Stop WAFFLING. Give him a straight answer.

How was that not a straight answer? Seemed clear and straight.

--
Charles
Old March 1st, 2009, 02:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tio Pedro

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
Has anyone ever booked with "VACATIONS TO GO"?

Several times. Why?

Old March 1st, 2009, 02:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rik Brown[_106_]

Gadget World;2867870 Wrote:
It's good to have a travel agent in each area, and use his address for
the booking.

Gadget

I'd never really thought of that. Great idea! -- Rik

--
Rik Brown

Share your experiences in the forums, blogs, videos, and online
community at 'TRAVEL.com' (http://forums.TRAVEL.com).
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old March 1st, 2009, 03:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake peter :

Cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean, HAL and others have different prices
for cruises reserved online depending on where the customer lives. For
example a particular cruise for two people may cost $1000 per person if the
site assumes you are a U.S. Resident, but (the euro equivalent) of $1200 for
a resident of France and $ 900 for a resident of Germany. Price differences
can be substantial, taking into account taxes and port charges (which are
included in the quoted prices in some countries). I understand U.S. agents
gladly sell cruises to European residents applying U.S. prices. Do the
cruiselines allow this or do they contractually have the right to adjust the
price based on the customer's residence?

Sometimes I can't book for clients outside of North America. For
instance, it's a real pain to book RCCL for EU residents. But I can
book all of Disney's products with no problems. But they may have to
pay a different price. Or they may get certain advantages.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Hi, I'm Michael Phelps and Olympic Gold isn't the only
Gold I'm thinking of.

Hi, I'm Michael Phelps and when I'm on Maui, Wowwie.

Old March 1st, 2009, 04:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 2/28/2009 6:15 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
Has anyone ever booked with "VACATIONS TO GO"?

What does that have to do with the topic being discussed here???
Do they do something special related to location of residence??
Old March 1st, 2009, 01:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jeff
Gersten wrote:

It was a pun; Belgian Waffle. I guess I should have put a smiley after
it.

Okay. That one went right by me.

Makes me think of Celebrity. I hope they have put their delicious
waffle making stations on Solstice.

--
Charles