Pier 91 - Seattle

Old March 15th, 2009, 10:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JCarnaghie

Default Pier 91 - Seattle

Has anyone here used the new Pier 91 facilities at
Seattle. Any comments / observations?
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

JCarnaghie wrote:
Has anyone here used the new Pier 91 facilities at Seattle. Any comments
/ observations?
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)

I think it is first opening in May, the beginning of the Alaskan cruise
season.

sue
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"JCarnaghie" wrote in message
Has anyone here used the new Pier 91 facilities at Seattle. Any comments /
observations?
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)

John,
If you can wait until after May 18th, I will let you know first hand...Our
Star Princess cruise (George's MOAGC) leaves from there on May 10th.

--Jean

Old March 16th, 2009, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tobie Gerbrandt

From what we have been able to find out, I believe George's sailing on the
Star Princess will be the first cruiseship ever to sail from Pier 91. The
pier was used previously for off-loading fish for a processing plant.

I sure hope it will be ready for us.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old March 16th, 2009, 03:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JCarnaghie

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"JCarnaghie" wrote in message

Has anyone here used the new Pier 91 facilities at Seattle. Any comments /
observations?
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)

John,
If you can wait until after May 18th, I will let you know first hand...Our
Star Princess cruise (George's MOAGC) leaves from there on May 10th.

--Jean

You'll be a couple of days ahead of me. We'll be
on the Pacific Princess on 14 May. I hope they
have finished with their playing and have things
going reasonably smoothly by then.
Old March 16th, 2009, 06:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_8_]

Tobie Gerbrandt wrote:
From what we have been able to find out, I believe George's sailing on the
Star Princess will be the first cruiseship ever to sail from Pier 91. The
pier was used previously for off-loading fish for a processing plant.

I sure hope it will be ready for us.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

If not, disembarkation could be in a net or down a slide. Either way,
you'll end up smelling fishy. grin

--
Nonny
If you think health care is expensive now,

- P.J. O'Rourke