Barcelona Airport - Iberia - Luggage

Old November 20th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Brahmama

Default Barcelona Airport - Iberia - Luggage

We were here late October 2003. Hope this info helps someone.

FACTS ABOUT IBERIA AIR:
We had ordered e-tickets over the internet. I had printed out the
info. Piece of cake. Just go directly to Iberia Airlines - National if
you can tell the difference. Give them the info along with your
passport and they assign you a seat and give you a boarding pass. (I
was so worried about this part and all I could find was negative
stuff). The plane was fine - pretzels and soft drinks/juices were
served on the hour and 15 minute flight. Everyone was pleasant. The
seat was large, but not ultra comfortable.

LUGGAGE LOCKER
Yes, they do have one at the airport. We put in 3 largish bags and
paid for one day. We picked it up 5 days later and the man helped us
with the change etc. There is a change machine right in that area.
They are open 24 hours.

We also were there to fly BA to London. We were there 2 hours early,
but they weren't open until about an hour before the flight. No
problem there either. You have to check in and get your seat
assignments and boarding pass. We checked our bags from there all the
way to DFW - so didn't have to mess with them at Gatwick.

Just giving the information that I was wondering about before our
trip.
Old November 20th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Jon

[...]

I thought Iberia Air was on par with other European airlines with the
following exceptions:

1) No foxes and no fags: there were middle aged straight (apparently) men
serving as stewards. The service seemed to suffer as a result.
2) The food was above average
3) The flight was late, and the information about the late flight was
non-existant
4) The English skills sucked

Because we missed our connection, Iberia served us a very nice meal with
wine. It was so nice that I think it was worth missing the flight! It was
kind of messed up later (Iberia's late flight to blame), but I think Iberia
did do it's best to make us feel comfortable under the circumstances, and
can personally recommend them.

Jon

Old November 21st, 2003, 02:16 AM
freeda

"
Because we missed our connection, Iberia served us a very nice meal with
wine. It was so nice that I think it was worth missing the flight! It was
kind of messed up later (Iberia's late flight to blame), but I think

Iberia
did do it's best to make us feel comfortable under the circumstances, and
can personally recommend them.

I know what you mean, haven flown TAP recently and Iberia several times in
the past, ... the Spanish/Portuguese really know how to give good service...
I will not hesitate to fly TAP or Iberia again...