Hotel Recommendations (Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns)

Old January 1st, 2004, 07:23 PM
Jamie

Default Hotel Recommendations (Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns)

I'm off to Australia in August 2004, and would appreciate recommendations
for accommodation in Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns.

There's 2 of us travelling and we don't want to spend more than AUD119
(equiv £50) per room per night, but we would like something central and with
gym and swimming pool facilities if possible.

If you know of good websites to look at, that would also be helpful.

Many thanks

Jamie

Old January 2nd, 2004, 02:04 AM
David Bennetts

"Jamie" wrote in message
I'm off to Australia in August 2004, and would appreciate recommendations
for accommodation in Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns.

There's 2 of us travelling and we don't want to spend more than AUD119
(equiv £50) per room per night, but we would like something central and

with
gym and swimming pool facilities if possible.

If you know of good websites to look at, that would also be helpful.

Many thanks

Jamie

You'd probably find that accommodation at that price would be hard to get in
Sydney with gym and swimming facilities.
Accommodation in both Sydney and Melbourne should be readily available at
that time of year, you can book up to two weeks ahead with considerable
savings on www.wotif.com

With Cairns, you're in peak tourist season in August so will be quite busy
there. Try www.travelmate.com.au for accommodation and general tourist
information for Australia, www.walkabout.com.au offers a useful gazeteer for
places Australia-wide.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old January 7th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Robin Nash

Hi Jamie,

A couple of suggestions for you from our UK based website company
www.honatravel.com / Hotels

Sydney - Crest Hotel or Unilodge
Melbourne - Hotel Y
Cairns - Queens Court or Coral Tree (no gym but I don't think any budget
hotels have a gym in Cairns)

Good luck and any questions just contact us at

Robin