The War in Iraq: Discounting success

Old January 30th, 2007, 10:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Deeply Filled Mortician

Default The War in Iraq: Discounting success

Let is be knownst that on Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:54:54 -0600, Wilbur
Slice writted:

On 30 Jan 2007 12:35:20 -0800, "PJ O'Donovan" wrote:

http://www.willisms.com/archives/200...bit_o_150.html

LOL!! wow...

Wilbur, this PJ guy is a liar, and you won't get anywhere by talking
logic. He simply switches off, or quotes some other ludicrous blog.

Just thought you should know.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old January 30th, 2007, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,talk.politics.misc,aus.politics
PJ O'Donovan

During Clinton's first four years, there were
4,302 active-duty ( military) deaths.

Peejay

First of all, this is just some stupid blog. ANYbody can put up a
blog and say ANYthing.

Wilbur Slice

http://www.useless-knowledge.com/123...rticle072.html

Iraq Deaths Perspective: 1,000/yr In Peacetime Army

".. Our news media practically never points out the accidental death
rate of a thousand per year in our peacetime military.."

That still probably won't reverse your simple minded reality
deniability. Now, just do a simple Google search and it will will
keep you very busy.

Google Search:

Results 1 - 10 of about 560,000 for US peacetime military deaths.
(0.09 seconds)

Old January 30th, 2007, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Peter Webb

"Deeply Filled Mortician" wrote
in message ...
Let is be knownst that on Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:54:54 -0600, Wilbur
Slice writted:

On 30 Jan 2007 12:35:20 -0800, "PJ O'Donovan" wrote:

http://www.willisms.com/archives/200...bit_o_150.html

LOL!! wow...

Wilbur, this PJ guy is a liar, and you won't get anywhere by talking
logic. He simply switches off, or quotes some other ludicrous blog.

Actually, he appears to be quoting the US Department of Defence's own
statistics:

http://www.history.navy.mil/library/...20casualty.htm

The "normal" death rate is about 1,000 per year. Not hugely different to the
current rate.

Old January 31st, 2007, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,talk.politics.misc,aus.politics
dechucka

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
oups.com...

During Clinton's first four years, there were
4,302 active-duty ( military) deaths.

Peejay

First of all, this is just some stupid blog. ANYbody can put up a
blog and say ANYthing.

Wilbur Slice

http://www.useless-knowledge.com/123...rticle072.html

Iraq Deaths Perspective: 1,000/yr In Peacetime Army

".. Our news media practically never points out the accidental death
rate of a thousand per year in our peacetime military.."

and of course these accidental deaths are still continuing while the war in
the ME goes on. The 3000 active service troop deaths are extra deaths over
and above the normal accidental death rate

Old February 1st, 2007, 11:33 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Denz

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Discounting Success

Published 1/29/2007

"War Coverage: U.S. and Iraqi troops eliminated several hundred
terrorists on Sunday,

Who said they were terrorists? How about "US troops killed several hundred
Iraqis in Iraq".

but in the twisted view of the establishment
media, this significant victory was outweighed by the deaths of two
Americans.

What victory? A normal month in Iraq has 3000 Iraqis killed so several
hundred in one day is probably close to typical. Around 130 US troops were
killed in Iraq last month. The situation in Iraq continues to deteriorate
month in, month out. Hearing the word 'victory' attached to Iraq - is kinda
nostalgic. Fool.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 06:49 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
John H

SO every person killed including the women and children "were terrorists'
What a load of rubbish PJ.
Were THERE "a few persons" who have been actively involved in
so called "terrorist activities", I would suggest this would be closer to
the facts.

Its about time the US media grew up and started getting some
(or at least a few anyway) facts correct when they report things.
The scenes I saw on Televeisoon suggested the Yanks again had gone in
"All bombs a bombing" and damn the consequences as to who gets killed.
What are a few hundred civilians deaths anyway!
US are the mighty so we are always right.

I notice this post was by the "ultra right wing" "out of this planet" PJ
O'Donovan again,
so one would expect a load of crap anyway, but thought I would reply anyway
as
things are quiet here to day, no terrorist found under my bed either.
I Must be somewhere else other than Iraq and USA ...sure am.
Is PJ related to Macarthy, ...Oh I see!... he is his ancestor...that
figures.

US military or political leaders are no more in victory mode in Iraq than
the eskimoes are "with out ice in their homeland".

Take your rose color glasses off and see that you are getting walloped
again.

Your politicians should be sent to personally fight the wars and then they
sure would "**** off back home" yesterday, the cowards they are,
sending their troops off to fight (and worse, lose their lives)
on a false premise so Wolfowitz (who nicked off to the World bank as soon as
things started to go wrong)
and Cheney (read Halliburton) get there supporters some payback, OIL OIL OIL
,
nothing to do with dictator, WMD or human rights at all.

US have not given human rights to anyone (via CIA plane trips to Egypt etc
for torture)
they see as being "naughty boys" (non-combatants as you call them) anyway.

And to cap it off, US army are running a Nazi style concentration camp in
Cuba as well,
none of those people, innocent or guilty, are getting any human rights or
rule of law from the
so called "land of the free" ...what a laugh I dont think!

USA is bogged down deep already and its going to get a lot deeper,

WOLFOWIZ,
RUMSFIELD
CHENEY
and GW SHRUB
should all be tried as war criminals by the International community.
BUT Oh I forgot no-one who is american is answerable to anyone ....SO whats
new.

John H