Karratha and Karijini

Old November 8th, 2006, 12:45 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Default Karratha and Karijini

lio wrote:
Frank Slootweg wrote:

Speaking of tours, we can highly recommend the full-day Ningaloo
Safari Tour by owner Neil McLeod out of Exmouth.

Thank you for the additional info ! But now I have a big problem: too
many things to do in too few days ! You should have a little bit more
boring country: it would be easier lo leave it after visiting all what
has to be seem, whereas here, once again, I will leave it with only one
dream: coming back asap ! :-)

Get used to it! As you have experienced, Australia isn't a country,
it's a disease. Once you catch it, you'll never get rid of it. Not that
it's an *unpleasant* disease! :-)

We did most of what you are planning during our 2000 'three-quarter'
((counter-clockwise) around Australia) tour. We liked WA so much that we
came back in 2005 to 'only' do WA in kind of a big '8' form route (6
weeks).

And our next (March 2007) Australia trip is already in it's final
planning stages. That will make it six trips so far (ranging from five
to ten weeks per trip). So we're not cured yet! :-)

BTW, thanks for (implicitly) calling it my country. I really feel it
is, and we're often 'homesick' for Oz, but we *live* in The Netherlands
(Pays Bas, a.k.a. 'Holland'), quite a difference.
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:17 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

On 08 Nov 2006 12:45:28 GMT, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

And our next (March 2007) Australia trip is already in it's final
planning stages. That will make it six trips so far (ranging from five
to ten weeks per trip). So we're not cured yet! :-)

Where will you be visiting?
Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: The Vatican
Old November 9th, 2006, 04:00 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

wrote:

And our next (March 2007) Australia trip is already in it's final
planning stages. That will make it six trips so far (ranging from five
to ten weeks per trip). So we're not cured yet! :-)

Where will you be visiting?

Well, let me see, ... eh ... Australia! Ah, you want me to narrow it
down. Well, ... eh ... Australia.

But seriously, this is one of our bigger trips, 'touching' most
states:

Perth, Kalgoorlie, Laverton, Great Central Road to Uluru and Kata
Tjuta, Kings Canyon, Mereenie Loop Rd, the Alice, Chambers Pillar/
Rainbow Valley (tour), Sandover Hwy, Mt Isa, then a big curve through
outback QLD and outback NSW to Bourke, along the Darling River, Broken
Hill, Port Augusta, Port Lincoln, Ceduna, Nullarbor, Hyden and Perth.
Just 10,000 K or so, peanuts! :-)

We ordered some detailed outback maps via the web [1] and they arrived
today, yummie!

[1] ExplorOz http://www.exploroz.com
Old November 10th, 2006, 02:17 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

On 09 Nov 2006 16:00:23 GMT, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

Well, let me see, ... eh ... Australia! Ah, you want me to narrow it
down. Well, ... eh ... Australia.

But seriously, this is one of our bigger trips, 'touching' most
states:

Perth, Kalgoorlie, Laverton, Great Central Road to Uluru and Kata
Tjuta, Kings Canyon, Mereenie Loop Rd, the Alice, Chambers Pillar/
Rainbow Valley (tour), Sandover Hwy, Mt Isa, then a big curve through
outback QLD and outback NSW to Bourke, along the Darling River, Broken
Hill, Port Augusta, Port Lincoln, Ceduna, Nullarbor, Hyden and Perth.
Just 10,000 K or so, peanuts! :-)

We ordered some detailed outback maps via the web [1] and they arrived
today, yummie!

Should be great - but you'll never get nearer than 500km yo
Pottsville.

You dislike the eastern seaboard? :-)
Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:50 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

wrote:

Well, let me see, ... eh ... Australia! Ah, you want me to narrow it
down. Well, ... eh ... Australia.

But seriously, this is one of our bigger trips, 'touching' most
states:

Perth, Kalgoorlie, Laverton, Great Central Road to Uluru and Kata
Tjuta, Kings Canyon, Mereenie Loop Rd, the Alice, Chambers Pillar/
Rainbow Valley (tour), Sandover Hwy, Mt Isa, then a big curve through
outback QLD and outback NSW to Bourke, along the Darling River, Broken
Hill, Port Augusta, Port Lincoln, Ceduna, Nullarbor, Hyden and Perth.
Just 10,000 K or so, peanuts! :-)

We ordered some detailed outback maps via the web [1] and they arrived
today, yummie!

Should be great - but you'll never get nearer than 500km yo
Pottsville.

There you go! And people thought that I couldn't plan accurately! :-)

You dislike the eastern seaboard? :-)

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt! That was actually the first
part of our first trip, starting a little above Sydney and going up the
east-coast (till Townsville and then west). Don't worry, we liked it and
liked it a lot (but didn't have too much luck weatherwise)! :-)

But we're really outback people. Perhaps I even more than my wife.
Can't get enough of it. Especially when there's *supposedly* "nothing to
see". Real outback also means unsealed roads (i.e. 4WD) and otherwise
'roughing' it. Since we don't know how long we can still do that, we do
it 'first'. 'Later', whenever that is, we plan to do the easy, more
'civilized' stuff, in an easier, more 'civilized' way.
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

wrote:

[...]

I understand. Carpe Diem.

Cheers, Alan, Australia