WOTIF

Old October 21st, 2003, 08:22 AM
Snowman25

Default WOTIF

Originally posted by Sibbick1

I think I found out about WOTIF from this newsgroup.

I have just used it for the first time and wanted to report my
positive

experience.

I needed to go to Melbourne for a few days and I wanted to live
it up so I

got a loft Spa Suite at the Sebel on Collins street for $170
per night,

usual price $480 per night. Having stayed there now I don't
believe it was

really worth $480 per night but $170 per night was certainly value for

money.

The whole booking system was painless. I booked and paid for
the room in

advance straight from the WOTIF site on Monday night (21/4/03)
and got an

instant email confirming the deal. I rang the Sebel on Tuesday
to confirm

that they had a booking which they did. My booking was for
Wednesday and

Thursday night. When I checked out this morning I only had to pay for

incidentals such as mini bar on the first night (yesterday I
discovered a

supermarket next door which sold beer at a fraction of the price
that I had

to pay for at the mini bar on Wednesday night so the Sebel didn't
make any

money out of me last night on the mini bar).

For those of you who don't have it, the site address is he

http://www.wotif.com/http://www.wotif.com

Regards

Old October 21st, 2003, 08:28 AM
Snowman25

Originally posted by Snowman25

A site I have used recently is www.cheaperthanhotels.com as
well as wotif.com in the past.

To be honest there's nothing between them except that I think
www.cheaperthanhotels.com might be better for cheaper
accomodation rather than 5 star. Prices were slightly better and what I
really liked was you only pay a deposit up front and then pay the full
amount on arrival.

There were no hassles checking in and we'll be using it when we go back
to Europe for a trip next month

Old October 21st, 2003, 05:47 PM
Ken

This site is exactly the same as www.ratestogo.com which masquerades as a
few names as well.
Didn't find this site very competitive for Oz a few weeks ago.

Old October 22nd, 2003, 01:29 AM
Snowman25

Yep - I've used Wotif before, but when i went onto this site
www.cheaperthanhotels.com I compared the prices at the
Manor House Boutique Hotel ( it's a 5 star). From memory, Wotif was
$155 and for the same room it was $128 on the other site. we stayed
for 4 nights so the saving was nearly $100. Again the other thing was
that i still don't trust the internet for large sums of money, and
these guys only took a deposit online, which i thought was excellent.
Given the reports we read about about I'm still wary of passing large
sums of money over the net.

Again I think it's a case of shopping around it looks like it's a
labyrinth out there !!!.

I guess I'm pretty busy and don't have a lot of time to "shop" around,
but it shows that if you don't you can get caught out.

Incidentally, as I said earlier there seemed to be a better selection of
5 Star accomodation on Wotif which didn't appear on Cheaperthanhotels.

Let me know if there are any other good deals out there on other sites
that you've seen or used.

By the way, wasn't sure what you meant by the "masquarading". It
looks like they are the same people, which I understood. Would you
believe I found the same thing with InterContinental badged as
something else as well.

Never mind - it's the deals we're after - thanks for raising this -

Alex

Originally posted by Ken

This site is exactly the same as www.ratestogo.com which
masquerades as a

few names as well.

Didn't find this site very competitive for Oz a few weeks ago.

To be honest there's nothing between them except that I

think

www.cheaperthanhotels.com might be better for

cheaper

accomodation rather than 5 star. Prices were slightly better and

what I

really liked was you only pay a deposit up front and then pay

the full

amount on arrival.

There were no hassles checking in and we'll be using it when we

go back

to Europe for a trip next month

com[/url]

Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:59 PM
Ken

See my post on the wotif website thread

Old October 30th, 2003, 01:32 PM
traveller

I have used Accomodationplus on a number of occassions - found better prices
than our agent for Australia and NZ.

Just present the booking voucher and pay any incidentals on departure.

MW