Sydney airport train line - how is it?

Old July 21st, 2006, 02:23 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Ian S......

Default Sydney airport train line - how is it?

"David Bennetts" wrote in message

"Ian S......" nelson@trafalger wrote in message
u...

"David Bennetts" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message

wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm thinking of using the Sydney airport train line to travel to and
from the airport.

Just wondering, anyone who has had experience using it, what's it
like?

Is it crowded?

Can you easily get a seat?

I expect to be on the train around 6.45am (to the airport) and 8.30pm
(from the airport)

Thanks for your help.

Train or bus - either way offers good service.
The Airport Express Bus was discontinued some time ago, so it no longer
offers a good service.

Regards

David Bennetts

There are HEAPS of airport transfer bus services. AirPorter for a start.
Just go to any major hotel in Sydney and pick one up. Conversely leave
the airport and get of at the nearest hotel to your destination.
http://kst.com.au/airport.php is good start

Ian S..........

I hate those bloody shuttle things, and avoid them like the plague.
Jammed into a cramped minibus, with zero suspension that finds every rut
in the road, and Murphy's law is that your hotel is the last one on the
list. They often wait an eternity till they get a full load before setting
off, and get stuck in traffic, no way around because they've got to stop
off at a particlar hotel.

Usually if there are two of you to share, it's often no more expensive to
get a taxi, which delivers you comfortably to your destination in half the
time.

Regards

David Bennetts

At least the drivers of the shuttles know how to get the airport. I can
honestly say that I have had no trouble at all with shuttles. After all it
just a short run out. Each to his own I suppose.