Teaching english in Europe with no degree but TEFL certificate?

Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Teaching english in Europe with no degree but TEFLcertificate?

Tim C. writes:

Why isn't it the same thing?

Because it still depends on observation.

Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Tim C. writes:

And what is your explanation for that similarity?

They all have the same ultimate sources of information, a long time
ago.

And why is it interesting?

I'm always interested in the path towards truth.

Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default .

"Mxsmanic" kirjoitti
om...
Tim C. writes:

You believe them to be true because you got the idea from somewhere else,
and didn't think it up all on your own.

Most of my current theories are theories I developed myself, since
nothing I've read has been sufficiently comprehensive or plausible to
satisfy me. It seems clear that all these sources have some common
foundations, but actually getting through to those foundations is very
difficult.

It shouldn't be difficult to just vanish from the group.

Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Markku Grönroos wrote:

"Mxsmanic" kirjoitti
om...
Tim C. writes:

You believe them to be true because you got the idea from somewhere else,
and didn't think it up all on your own.

Most of my current theories are theories I developed myself, since
nothing I've read has been sufficiently comprehensive or plausible to
satisfy me. It seems clear that all these sources have some common
foundations, but actually getting through to those foundations is very
difficult.

It shouldn't be difficult to just vanish from the group.

No, please don't go Markku, you're so much _fun_.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

JohnT writes:

I can understand that twins would both have an individual soul ...

Actually, they are independent entities. Only the bodies are
identical. However, the physical similarities and proximity do often
allow them to interact with each other in unusually intimate ways.

... but if
there is a large rock which somehow becomes split into two parts (perhaps
with a sledgehammer or even being struck buy lightning), do both parts of
what was previously one rock have individual souls too?

Rocks don't have souls in the usual sense. Consciousness doesn't even
reside spatially inside the rocks in the usual sense.

Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic :

Tim C. writes:

You believe them to be true because you got the idea from somewhere else,
and didn't think it up all on your own.

Most of my current theories are theories I developed myself, since
nothing I've read has been sufficiently comprehensive or plausible to
satisfy me. It seems clear that all these sources have some common
foundations, but actually getting through to those foundations is very
difficult.

I rest my case, m'lud.
--
Tim C.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic :

Why isn't it the same thing?

Because it still depends on observation.

So? So does evidence of everything - if you're starting to get down to
that level - to I think therefore I am, and end of argument.
Go-on, admit it, you *are* the bomb.
--
Tim C.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic :

And what is your explanation for that similarity?

They all have the same ultimate sources of information, a long time
ago.

And what do you infer from this?
--
Tim C.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic :

The Reid writes:

you haven't brought up children, have you?

Children, despite appearances, are complete souls just like any
others. Things are not always as they seem.

So they really *are* little angels. I thought they were devils.
--
Tim C.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to "JohnT" :

"Jim Ley" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:33:11 -0000, "JohnT"
wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
The Reid writes:

you haven't brought up children, have you?

Children, despite appearances, are complete souls just like any
others. Things are not always as they seem.

I can understand that twins would both have an individual soul, but if
there is a large rock which somehow becomes split into two parts (perhaps
with a sledgehammer or even being struck buy lightning), do both parts of
what was previously one rock have individual souls too?

Of course, how else do you think rocks breed?

I was wondering about that. It was going to be my next question. Are they
hermaphroditic or herbivores?

Petrovores?

--
Tim C.