Air France? Ptui!

Old November 1st, 2006, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Default Air France? Ptui!

mrtravel asked:

... Not saying we are alwasy correct in what we do in other countries, but
... does Europe wish we stayed out of WW2?

Magda wrote:

Yes.

So is it fair to conclude, then, that you'd have been happy to
live under the descendants of Mean Mr. Mustache, and that by
extension, you're a fascist and an anti-Semite?

You may backpedal when ready, Gridley...

Geoff

--
"The left has a whole vocabulary devoted to depicting people who
do not meet standards as people who have been denied 'access.'"

Old November 1st, 2006, 04:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Padraig Breathnach writes:

[to mrtravel]

1. Answer my first question: did you personally come over and
liberate Europe?

No. Did I personally invade Iraq?

Did I ever suggest that you did, or that you were personally
responsible, or even that the American people (as distinct
from the US administration) were responsible?

Okay, we know what you didn't suggest. So let the other shoe
drop: what *were* you suggesting with that question?

2. Answer my second question: were you pleased that the Russians
helped?

The Russians didn't help anyone but themselves.

You seem incapable of acknowledging the Russian contribution to the
defeat of Germany.

Nonsense. He said or implied nothing about that, one way or the other.

And speaking of which, we provided war materiel to support the Russians
just like we did the British. Ever heard of Lend-Lease, or the supply
convoys to Murmansk?

What about the standard US tactic of accepting your enemy's enemy
as your friend?

What about it?

3. Explain your last question.

Don't you understand?
The Russians were protecting the Russians
The Americans were protecting Europeans.
We weren't in danger of a German attack.

Do you understand the idea of a convergence of interests? No, I
thought not.

And your point here is...?

Geoff

Old November 1st, 2006, 04:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Stephen Farrow writes:

: Hey, I voted for Bush twice.

And you're willing to admit it in public. Wow.

Why shouldn't I be? My complaints with Bush are pretty much
limited to his being too soft on illegal immigration, and
that his administration mishandled the post-invasion occupation
of Iraq. But the latter is a flaw of execution, not of intent.

Geoff

Old November 1st, 2006, 04:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Padraig Breathnach writes:

[to "Tchiowa" ]

Not so much that, as your misrepresenting my position so as to make
your point.

I interpreted what you wrote the same way Tchiowa did. If those
things aren't your position, then what is? This would be an excellent
opportunity for clarifying, and therefore strengthening, your argument.

Go peddle you distortions to idiots who are prepared to buy them.

Tchiowa slimed you, Padraig. He's got your number, and out to ten
significant figures, at that. But you're too chicken**** to own up
to what you wrote.

Geoff

Old November 1st, 2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mike T.

Why shouldn't I be? My complaints with Bush are pretty much
limited to his being too soft on illegal immigration, and
that his administration mishandled the post-invasion occupation
of Iraq. But the latter is a flaw of execution, not of intent.

Geoff

So what WAS Bush's intent on occupying Iraq? (this should be good, watch
this bush apologist squirm now)

Old November 1st, 2006, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Stephen Farrow

Geoff Miller wrote:
Stephen Farrow writes:

: Hey, I voted for Bush twice.

And you're willing to admit it in public. Wow.

Why shouldn't I be?

I see. You've never read a newspaper.

--

Stephen
Old November 1st, 2006, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Magda writes:

: So is it fair to conclude, then, that you'd have been happy to
: live under the descendants of Mean Mr. Mustache, and that by
: extension, you're a fascist and an anti-Semite?

: You may backpedal when ready, Gridley...

Drop dead, Gege. You are a shame for all *Homo sapiens sapiens*.
Even the cockroaches are laughing at you.

Let the record show that Magda is a fascist and an anti-Semite, then.

Geoff

Old November 1st, 2006, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel

Sarah Banick wrote:
Don't you understand?
The Russians were protecting the Russians
The Americans were protecting Europeans.
We weren't in danger of a German attack.

Nothing is ever that simple.

We were in danger of losing our major trading partners. All wars are
basically fought over economics.

Nonsense. Whatever the outcome of the war, we would have had trading
partners. After all, we trade with Japan and Germany now.
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel

Sarah Banick wrote:

helped?

The Russians didn't help anyone but themselves.

You seem incapable of acknowledging the Russian contribution to the
defeat of Germany. What about the standard US tactic of accepting your
enemy's enemy as your friend?

Hi Padraig --

I'm sure by now you know that Americans are not taught about the full extent
of Russia's contribution to WWII?

Other than being there to defend their own country, what was the
contribution?
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Padraig Breathnach

"Sarah Banick" wrote:

Hi Padraig --

I'm sure by now you know that Americans are not taught about the full extent
of Russia's contribution to WWII? ...

I had figured that. To be fair, I have to say that Russia's war, both
as victim and as contributor to victory, is somewhat underrated in
much of Western Europe.

Problem is, it's gonna take more than superior firepower to win this current
war. And many don't understand that.

"Shock and awe" does not have the same resonance as "hearts and
minds".

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED