ms Veendam to Alaska

Old March 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default ms Veendam to Alaska

I've placed a 24 hr. reservation hold on a cruise/tour to Alaska on Holland
America's ms Veendam.Any recent reviews from travelers who've sailed on her
would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old March 25th, 2006, 04:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

mac1 wrote:
I've placed a 24 hr. reservation hold on a cruise/tour to Alaska on Holland
America's ms Veendam.Any recent reviews from travelers who've sailed on her
would be appreciated. Thank you.

There are some reviews on CruiseCritic.com

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...ship&ShipID=39

Hope this helps

Bill

--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website:
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com
Old March 25th, 2006, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We did a Veendam land/cruise package last August - had a great time. Would
do it again in a heartbeat! If you'd like to see some pictures, go he
http://thegrossbergs.shutterfly.com/...21b3301d306548

Old March 25th, 2006, 06:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 3/25/06 9:00 AM mac1 wrote:
I've placed a 24 hr. reservation hold on a cruise/tour to Alaska on Holland
America's ms Veendam.Any recent reviews from travelers who've sailed on her
would be appreciated. Thank you.

I've been on Veendam and enjoyed it for a Western Caribbean. The only
minor problem is on the Lower Promenade deck you can't get from Forward
to Aft but have to go to the Upper Promenade Deck to do so. It's a only
minor inconvenience. If you take a Balcony Cabin, you can get Hot
Chocolate from Room Service, an extra quilt from housekeeping and sit on
your balcony to watch the wildlife swim or fly by.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old March 25th, 2006, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"mac1" wrote in message
I've placed a 24 hr. reservation hold on a cruise/tour to Alaska on
Holland America's ms Veendam.Any recent reviews from travelers who've
sailed on her would be appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for the link to the pics. You got some very good shots there. :-)

Bill

Old March 25th, 2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thanks everyone for your tips, photo's and reviews.

"Brian K" wrote in message
link.net...
On 3/25/06 9:00 AM mac1 wrote:
I've placed a 24 hr. reservation hold on a cruise/tour to Alaska on
Holland America's ms Veendam.Any recent reviews from travelers who've
sailed on her would be appreciated. Thank you.

I've been on Veendam and enjoyed it for a Western Caribbean. The only
minor problem is on the Lower Promenade deck you can't get from Forward to
Aft but have to go to the Upper Promenade Deck to do so. It's a only
minor inconvenience. If you take a Balcony Cabin, you can get Hot
Chocolate from Room Service, an extra quilt from housekeeping and sit on
your balcony to watch the wildlife swim or fly by.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

Old March 25th, 2006, 10:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Never sailed the VEENDAM to alaska,but sailed her 3 other times,a great
ship

(.a cruise lover.)

Old March 25th, 2006, 11:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

grossbea wrote:
We did a Veendam land/cruise package last August - had a great time.
Would do it again in a heartbeat! If you'd like to see some pictures, go
he
http://thegrossbergs.shutterfly.com/...21b3301d306548

Hoping we can do Alaska next summer. Not sure if we'll be able to cruise
next year as son will be starting college in the fall.
I'm sure if we get there I'll be taking many pictures too. :-)

Bill