How to choose a destination

Old October 8th, 2006, 12:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Frightens Me

Default How to choose a destination

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 11:47:12 +0100, Padraig Breathnach
wrote:

"mericyacht" wrote:

Hello;
Why don't you think Turkey Dalyan - Caunos for your holiday.. Here is
warm and little also very beautiful, famous town all over the world and
still so many tourists are coming back to back here.. If you think,
please contact me.. thank you...

You have made it very unlikely that I will go there.

I would put Istanbul high on your list of destinations.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old October 8th, 2006, 12:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

wrote:

"mericyacht" wrote:

Hello;
Why don't you think Turkey Dalyan - Caunos for your holiday.. Here is
warm and little also very beautiful, famous town all over the world and
still so many tourists are coming back to back here.. If you think,
please contact me.. thank you...

You have made it very unlikely that I will go there.

I would put Istanbul high on your list of destinations.

Done it, and will probably do it again.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
mericyacht

ohh noo;
you misunderstood me, just a help.. because im tour operator and helped
so many people who wanted to Turkey.. They didn't know anythings and
had no suggestion about Turkey and i explained everything them and made
them live all beauties here friendly..
if you desire Dalyan - Caunos as destination for your holiday, i can
help you all needs ( flight tickets, accomodation, entertainments,
water sports, daily boat trips, yacht trips, scuba diving, dinner...
etc. )
also for yacht trip visit this www.mericyacht.com
for diving www.mericdiving.com
Thanks and Regards;

Old October 9th, 2006, 10:18 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"mericyacht" kirjoitti
egroups.com...
ohh noo;
you misunderstood me, just a help.. because im tour operator and helped
so many people who wanted to Turkey.. They didn't know anythings and
had no suggestion about Turkey and i explained everything them and made

Usenet is not for spam though. Moreover, Turkey is in Arabia not in Europe.
rte is for Europe. so, bugger off.

Old October 9th, 2006, 10:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
mericyacht

You BUGGER OFF... You are not humanist.. So you must GOOO..

Old October 9th, 2006, 01:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Padraig Breathnach wrote:
the recent
discussions here on Bratislava suggested to me that it might be a good
trip. Is that a good idea?

IMHO Bratislava is the biggest disappointment of the eight new EU
countries' capitals. Small, down-at-heel and nothing of great interest
to see. Although I have to admit that the day I was there was a
Monday, EVERYTHING was shut and it poured it down with rain the entire
day, despite being mid-August. And it was my birthday as well...so
overall not a good impression of the place! Even if the museums had
been open, they were of the "Archaeological Museum of Slovakia"
variety, i.e. 500 rooms full of indistinguishable bits of broken rock.

The hydrofoil down the Danube from Vienna to Bratislava is April to
October only. We had no trouble just walking up on the day and getting
tickets.

Patrick

Old October 9th, 2006, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sarah Banick

wrote in message
ps.com...

Padraig Breathnach wrote:
[...]

I'll defend Bratislava :-) You wouldn't want a week there, but it's
certainly worth a day trip fromVienna, just for the contrast if nothing
else. Especially if you've never been in a Slavic country. The castle is
nice, there's a few interesting museums, and when I went, the prices on
crystal were incredibly cheap.

Sarah

Old October 9th, 2006, 03:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Sarah Banick wrote:
I'll defend Bratislava :-) You wouldn't want a week there, but it's
certainly worth a day trip fromVienna, just for the contrast if nothing
else. Especially if you've never been in a Slavic country. The castle is
nice, there's a few interesting museums, and when I went, the prices on
crystal were incredibly cheap.

Yes, I'm probably being overly harsh due to a very bad experience
there. Interesting point about "if you've never been in a Slavic
country", and I'd say that's true; I've travelled widely through a lot
of the Slavic countries, so was comparing Bratislava with these, and I
think it definitely suffers in comparison.

Can't comment on the castle as it, like everything else, was shut on
the day I was there! g

Tangentially, I've noticed it's a common policy in European cities for
many attractions to shut on Mondays. With the Ryanair long weekend
effect, I wonder if many other tourists get caught out by this, and end
up having to fill in a Monday looking at shops rather than at tourist
attractions.

Patrick

Old October 9th, 2006, 03:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

wrote:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:
the recent
discussions here on Bratislava suggested to me that it might be a good
trip. Is that a good idea?

IMHO Bratislava is the biggest disappointment of the eight new EU
countries' capitals. Small, down-at-heel and nothing of great interest
to see. Although I have to admit that the day I was there was a
Monday, EVERYTHING was shut and it poured it down with rain the entire
day, despite being mid-August. And it was my birthday as well...so
overall not a good impression of the place! Even if the museums had
been open, they were of the "Archaeological Museum of Slovakia"
variety, i.e. 500 rooms full of indistinguishable bits of broken rock.

Sorry that you were disappointed on your birthday.

The hydrofoil down the Danube from Vienna to Bratislava is April to
October only. We had no trouble just walking up on the day and getting
tickets.

They have introduced a winter schedule -- Saturdays and Sundays until
mid-December. It's a bit pricey, at €25 each way. I am wondering about
using a train or bus one direction, but I have not yet found out what
the fares on those are like.

Old October 9th, 2006, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

[]
They have introduced a winter schedule -- Saturdays and Sundays until
mid-December. It's a bit pricey, at ¤25 each way. I am wondering about
using a train or bus one direction, but I have not yet found out what
the fares on those are like.

The train was about 13 euro single- that was just turning up at the
station in Vienna and asking for one- maybe there's a way of getting one
cheaper- and a day return might be cheaper- don't know. ¤25 for the
hydrofoil trip doesn't seem extortionate for that method of travel. That
is, it's a bit of a 'luxury' way of travelling that route.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://www.davidhorne.net/pictures.html http://soundjunction.org