Birding Opportunities in Vietnam

Old September 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.knives,rec.travel.asia
LarbGai

Default Birding Opportunities in Vietnam

On Sep 7, 7:03 pm, wrote:
Dear Everybody,

Well, what can I say...to be back here on the forum board is almost
like being reborn. I have been having many troubles over the past
month, and my life has changed dramatically. I am now staying in
Vietnam after having recently arrived here from Chiang Mai. I promised
Ning to take her for a holiday to get her away from her worries in
Thailand. We are here for the next 3 weeks before flying back to
Australia. Ning will stay with me in my new place of residence in
Australia for a couple of weeks before flying home to her beauty
school studies in Chiang Mai. Well enough of my jibberish heh

I am asking for any assistance from experienced birders as to any
possible locations/opportunities for birding in northern Vietnam. Khun
Steve, do you have any photography experience here in Vietnam?

Well everybody, it is so great to talk to all of you again.

Take care and all my love,

Kind Regards
Khun Brian

****** Dear Khun Brian,
First let me say it's wonderful to have you back on the forum board.
Second let me say that I am extremely disappointed that all those
supposed friends that rushed to help you at the start of your
adventures here have dropped you like a hot turd.
Khuns Nick, Alex, Steve and Sandringham amongst others have a lot to
answer for. I call the fair weather friends unlike you and I who stick
together through thick and thin. It's just rediculous Khun Brian.
I am happy that you and Ning are getting along together but what of
you beloved Mary and the fruit of your loins Khun Josh?
How have they taken to the new situation?
Will you have a chance to call on me here in Tauranga before my
deportation proceedings are finalised?
I do hope so.

Cheers

Khun Larby.

Old September 9th, 2007, 05:07 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.knives,rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Sep 8, 6:08 am, LarbGai wrote:

Cheers

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words, but I am afraid you may have misjudged
several of the people you mentioned as having forsaken me. I have been
inundated with messages of support from various forum board posters
over the past 2 days. Thank you to Khun Douglas for inviting Ning and
myself to your get-together this Sunday, but unfortunately Ning and I
will still be in Hanoi. I promise to catch up with you when I arrive
home though. Khun Sandy has given me his cellphone number to contact
him just in case I travel through Bangkok again on our way home. I am
still waiting on a reply from Khun Steve as for his advice/expertise
on wildlife/birding opportunities in Vietnam I would have asked the
VCT Forum Board but I have built up several close friendships over the
past couple of months and trust the advice given here more than
anywhere else.

Well folks, I have to run for now, as I am taking Ning shopping and
then we are going to the Water Puppet Show...it should be a wonderful
day of sightseeing. I will be online later tonite (Hanoi time) to let
you know how it all went. Thank you all once again for being there for
me everyone. I feel so blessed to have met you all.

God Bless and Kindest Regards,
Khun Brian

Old September 10th, 2007, 10:08 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.knives,rec.travel.asia
LarbGai

On Sep 9, 4:07 pm, wrote:
On Sep 8, 6:08 am, LarbGai wrote:

[...]

*****It does my heart proud to know you and Ning are doing your thing
Khun Brian....

But what of Mary and the fruit of your Loins Khun Josh????

Does Khun Sandringham approve of your latest escapade??? Have you made
up with Khun Steve and has Khun Nick finally forgiven you???

I know you many friends are in contact with you off line (as indeed I
am myself) but surely you should less those lesser folks know of your
changed circumstances.

Cheers.
Khun Larby.