Trip interruption insurance

Old August 28th, 2008, 12:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joan

Default Trip interruption insurance

We took our first cruise in July and ended up quarantined when my
daughter showed symptoms of norovirus.

I filed an insurance claim for trip interruption, and I am happy to
report that a cheque arrived today. We were reimbursed for the cost of
the cruise during the quarantine period.

That takes the sting out of being confined to our cabin while everyone
else went to Puerto Vallarta!

Joan
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_4_]

Joan wrote:
We took our first cruise in July and ended up quarantined when my
daughter showed symptoms of norovirus.

I filed an insurance claim for trip interruption, and I am happy to
report that a cheque arrived today. We were reimbursed for the cost of
the cruise during the quarantine period.

That takes the sting out of being confined to our cabin while everyone
else went to Puerto Vallarta!

We have 3 cabins booked for GGC2009 this year, and are considering that
to help mitigate the cost of the cruise. If we can get ourselves
quarantined into the 3 cabins for the whole cruise, then a refund will
pay for everything but the flights. What a deal- and all at the cost of
several quarts of ipecac and a packet of ducolax pills.

--
Nonny
Think of your vote as helping to
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marsha[_2_]

Nonnymus wrote:
Joan wrote:
We took our first cruise in July and ended up quarantined when my
daughter showed symptoms of norovirus.

I filed an insurance claim for trip interruption, and I am happy to
report that a cheque arrived today. We were reimbursed for the cost of
the cruise during the quarantine period.

That takes the sting out of being confined to our cabin while everyone
else went to Puerto Vallarta!

We have 3 cabins booked for GGC2009 this year, and are considering that
to help mitigate the cost of the cruise. If we can get ourselves
quarantined into the 3 cabins for the whole cruise, then a refund will
pay for everything but the flights. What a deal- and all at the cost of
several quarts of ipecac and a packet of ducolax pills.

Depending on how much hooch you bring with you, staying in your cabin
might not be a bad thing. Then again, it might clash with the ipecac :-)

Marsha/Ohio

Old August 28th, 2008, 05:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Joan :

We took our first cruise in July and ended up quarantined when my
daughter showed symptoms of norovirus.

I filed an insurance claim for trip interruption, and I am happy to
report that a cheque arrived today. We were reimbursed for the cost of
the cruise during the quarantine period.

Good. I guess it's not great, but it is lemonade from lemons.

That takes the sting out of being confined to our cabin while everyone
else went to Puerto Vallarta!

Where they either picked up the Aztec Two Step or took communion for
praying later at the porcelin alter of the god Urp.

Joan

Old August 28th, 2008, 06:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_2_]

Joan wrote:
We took our first cruise in July and ended up quarantined when my
daughter showed symptoms of norovirus.

I filed an insurance claim for trip interruption, and I am happy to
report that a cheque arrived today. We were reimbursed for the cost of
the cruise during the quarantine period.

That takes the sting out of being confined to our cabin while everyone
else went to Puerto Vallarta!

Joan

This is wonderful news, Joan. Now you can go on another cruise.

Becca
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joan

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:19:00 -0500, Becca
wrote:

Joan wrote:
We took our first cruise in July and ended up quarantined when my
daughter showed symptoms of norovirus.

I filed an insurance claim for trip interruption, and I am happy to
report that a cheque arrived today. We were reimbursed for the cost of
the cruise during the quarantine period.

That takes the sting out of being confined to our cabin while everyone
else went to Puerto Vallarta!

Joan

This is wonderful news, Joan. Now you can go on another cruise.

Becca

My thoughts exactly Becca! We also have a credit from the cruise line
that has to be used within one year.

Joan