will airfare to italy get cheaper before summer?

Old March 25th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Default will airfare to italy get cheaper before summer?

bonniejessee wrote:

"Douglas W. Hoyt" wrote in message ...

after seeing $900 - $1,200 prices found a non-stop Boston - Rome and

return for $430 via Alitalia on Orbitz about four weeks ago.

I was checking every day too--for friends. I didn't check that morning--but
they did--and snapped up $492 Chicago-Nice on Alitalia for July. I still
can't figure out if that was some bizarre pricing mistake or an intended
"sale". I kind of think it was the fomer. By that afternoon, after my
friends had their Orbitz ticket confirmation, I looked and the fare was in
the $900's again.

This year has been super-slim pickings for summer U.S.-Europe fare deals,
that's for sure!!!

Today I got an email from Travelzoo that Delta is starting service
from Cincinnati to Amsterdam and they're running $399 r/t - too bad
I'm in Florida and can't take advantage of that one!

Alas it must be a short time offer. April & summer fares are returning
about $900. FFM

Old March 31st, 2004, 04:28 PM
alexbrown77

It is so frustrating to see flights getting more expensive. I love
traveling to Europe but it is so hard to swing the increase in prices.
I hope that the fall sees the decline in airline prices.
Old March 31st, 2004, 05:41 PM
Frank F. Matthews

It always does. More for now. Cheaper in 6-7 months. Starting to get
more expensive in 12 months. FFM