Terrorism and tourism

Old May 14th, 2004, 11:15 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

Default Terrorism and tourism

Of course, price is never a Yiddish concern.
"Let's see; we can go here and little risk for $2 or go there for life
threatening risk for $1. Oy vey!" Who's got a dollar? Let's go!"

I'm not clear what, exactly, a "Yiddish concern" is. Can someone enlighten
me? It does seem to me as if there's an intended "message" within the post.
I wonder what it's meant to be?

Mila

Old May 14th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On 14 May 2004 10:15:15 GMT, "BTC/TAK on ACK"
wrote:

I'm not clear what, exactly, a "Yiddish concern" is. Can someone enlighten
me?

Sure can. Do you deny the historical relationship between Jewish folks
and their ability to bargain? Was Shakespeare's Shylock an Arab? That
there is a very common term used "Jewed out of insert whatever".

Shakespeare is the most widely read author in English speaking
countries. His works are second only to the Bible in popularity. 90%
of American high school students must read some work by Shakespeare,
and all British students in high school must read Shakespeare at some
point. Funny, WS prolly never met many Jews so then where did he get
this Shylock of his?

Perhaps you might think these are unkind or antisemitic comments (on
my part) but I was not Shakespeare, I do not speak for the history of
the usage of these terms, I did not coin them. I don't express that
they are accurate in a segregate manner, historically, but I sure can
express that they are spot on in my daily life.

MOF, I deal with Jews daily on a bartering basis and find them easy
to work with. Set your price and refuse to have any dialogue about it.
Take it or leave it.

Do other races/creeds/sexes/etc - pick one, have common traits? Most
assuredly they do. I find men often let ego get in the way of their
better business judgments, women their emotions. Japanese are way too
hung up about protocols, Chinese way too suspicious of every word,
gesture and phrase. I deal with them too and the generalities fit the
experiences.

You can go about screaming the sky is falling, beating your breasts
and howling at the moon about whether these above is anti-X, unfair or
inaccurate. It changes nothing. I know what I know. I see and deal wit
it everyday.

It does seem to me as if there's an intended "message" within the post.
I wonder what it's meant to be?

Read above.

Any further questions, let me now.
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Dick Goldhaber

Mila,

The intended message, which I missed because I have my "block sender" back,
either conveys the writer's blatant anti-Semitism or is a message from a
troll who is trying to attract attention.

Either way it should be dismissed as the garbage it is.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old May 14th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Howie

Dick Goldhaber wrote:

Mila,

The intended message, which I missed because I have my "block sender" back,
either conveys the writer's blatant anti-Semitism or is a message from a
troll who is trying to attract attention.

IT's the ultimate example of uneducated ignorance.

Old May 15th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 14 May 2004 17:09:26 -0400, Howie
wrote:

IT's the ultimate example of uneducated ignorance.

Uneducated and ignorant go hand in hand.

What about the educated ignorant, Howie? Tell us about that.
Old May 15th, 2004, 04:28 PM
BTC/TAK on ACK

I am a Jew who has no ability to bargain... must be a mutated gene...

Maybe so... on the other hand, I've encountered an awful lot of folks, in
markets around the globe, who have great bargaining abilities, but who don't
seem to be Jewish [not that I have any notion how one might figure out who
is, or isn't, without asking].

I've always found expressions like ""Jewed out of ..." fairly odious,
personally... and not particularly descriptive of the "winners" in
"bargaining wars", etc., I've been involved in.

"Was Shakespeare's Shylock an Arab?" is an odd question, it seems to me...
I'm more interested in the question, though, "was Shakespeare's an
anti-Semite?

Mila

"Odysseus" wrote in message
In article ,

says...

wrote:

I'm not clear what, exactly, a "Yiddish concern" is. Can someone

enlighten
me?

Sure can. Do you deny the historical relationship between Jewish folks
and their ability to bargain? Was Shakespeare's Shylock an Arab? That
there is a very common term used "Jewed out of insert whatever".

I am a Jew who has no ability to bargain. It must be a mutated gene.
When I buy a car, I pay more than almost anybody else would.

Old May 15th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Howie

BTC/TAK on ACK wrote:
I am a Jew who has no ability to bargain... must be a mutated gene...

Maybe so... on the other hand, I've encountered an awful lot of folks, in
markets around the globe, who have great bargaining abilities, but who don't
seem to be Jewish [not that I have any notion how one might figure out who
is, or isn't, without asking].

I've always found expressions like ""Jewed out of ..." fairly odious,
personally... and not particularly descriptive of the "winners" in
"bargaining wars", etc., I've been involved in.

"Was Shakespeare's Shylock an Arab?" is an odd question, it seems to me...
I'm more interested in the question, though, "was Shakespeare's an
anti-Semite?

Mila

Actually, I don't think so, Mila. I have read a considerable amount of
and about shakespeare. In the Merchant of Venice, Shylock is a
complicated character; but I won't go into that here. However, no one
could expect an uneducated, moron like CC, to understand the subtleties
of good or bad literature.

In terms of the more general issue, I have found that Jewish people are
both generous and highly charitable. Actually, it's quite hilarious to
note that the typical anti-Semite accuses jews of being both cheap and
ostentatious at that same time. This is as much of a contradiction as
Hitler accusing us of being both communists and world bankers.

CC's stereotypes stem from both her profoundly twisted version of
fundamentalist Christianity, and her limited ability to cognitively
process her very limited life experiences.

In short, the ****wit is no mental sparring competitor for you, I, or
most others on RTC.

Howie