Domodedovo Airport

Old March 16th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Oliver Trujillo

Default Domodedovo Airport

Hello,
a friend of mine wants to travel to rusia. He wants to buy a ticket to
Domodedovo Airport in Moskow. Has any experience concerning the
transportation to Moscow City? Prices, how often?

Thank you
Oliver Trujillo

Old March 16th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Citronella

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:55:34 +0100, "Oliver Trujillo"
wrote:

Hello,
a friend of mine wants to travel to rusia. He wants to buy a ticket to
Domodedovo Airport in Moskow. Has any experience concerning the
transportation to Moscow City? Prices, how often?

Thank you
Oliver Trujillo

Best bet is to head for the far East end of the airport and get one of
the 'official' taxis. It should cost about $30.00 USD or so. there is
also a train connection (via bus I think) that is located at the west
end of the airport.
Don't bother with the touts at the arrivals melee. They start asking
USD$100.00 and even as you approach the 'official' taxi stand they
won't go below 50.00 USD. This negotation takes place as you are
giving the nice lady your money for a price that is much less than
theirs.
C.

Old March 17th, 2004, 06:20 AM
maryanne kehoe

I have always flowin into SVO 2, does Domo have an Intourist transfer
desk at Domodedovo? It should cost about $45-$55 for a trip into
downtown. The so-called "official" taxis will still try to rip you off.

Old March 17th, 2004, 06:53 AM
mtravelkay

Maryanne kehoe wrote:

I have always flowin into SVO 2, does Domo have an Intourist transfer
desk at Domodedovo? It should cost about $45-$55 for a trip into
downtown. The so-called "official" taxis will still try to rip you off.

Actually, it is the taxis claiming to be the official ones that rip you off.

Old March 17th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Citronella

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 06:53:12 GMT, mtravelkay wrote:

Actually, it is the taxis claiming to be the official ones that rip you off.

How do you figure that? The cost of a taxi hired from the taxi counter
at the east end of the airport to downtown is around 30.00 USD. The
'taxis' at the arrivals area start asking 100.00 USD, and won't settle
for much less.
When did you take a taxi to downtown Moscow and get ripped off from
the official taxi stand at the east end of the airport?

C.

Old March 17th, 2004, 08:34 AM
mtravelkay

Citronella wrote:

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 06:53:12 GMT, mtravelkay wrote:

Actually, it is the taxis claiming to be the official ones that rip you off.

How do you figure that? The cost of a taxi hired from the taxi counter
at the east end of the airport to downtown is around 30.00 USD. The
'taxis' at the arrivals area start asking 100.00 USD, and won't settle
for much less.
When did you take a taxi to downtown Moscow and get ripped off from
the official taxi stand at the east end of the airport?

C.

You misunderstood what I said. Maryanne said the "official" taxis rip
you off. I said taxis "claiming to be official" rip you off. In other
words, there are taxi driver's claiming to be driving "official" taxis.
I am not referring to the ones you are referring to.

Old March 17th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Ulf Kutzner

wrote:

Hello,
a friend of mine wants to travel to rusia. He wants to buy a ticket to
Domodedovo Airport in Moskow. Has any experience concerning the
transportation to Moscow City? Prices, how often?

Thank you
Oliver Trujillo

Best bet is to head for the far East end of the airport and get one of
the 'official' taxis. It should cost about $30.00 USD or so. there is
also a train connection (via bus I think)

The train to Paveletskij station leaves from the airport.

that is located at the west
end of the airport.

Don't understand why a bus would be needed.

Well, http://www.domodedovo.ru/en/main/getting/ should help.

Regards, ULF
Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:57 AM
Vladimir Menkov

In article ,
Oliver Trujillo wrote:
Hello,
a friend of mine wants to travel to rusia. He wants to buy a ticket to
Domodedovo Airport in Moskow. Has any experience concerning the
transportation to Moscow City? Prices, how often?

I flew to DMO last winter. There is an express train to the city every
30-60 minutes. The fare was around RUR 75 (under US$3), which is
rather pricey for Russia, but a decent deal compared to EWR or
ZRH. The express train was warm and clean, with soft seats in good
condition, the "high" fare keeping riff-raff out. The train platform
is right next to the airport termina. Travel time to Paveletz Railroad
Terminus (_Paveletskij Vokzal_, at the south edge of Moscow downtown)
is 40 min.

There is also a local train every now and then, leaving from the same
platform in the airport. It's much cheaper, but that's a typical
Russian commuter train -- wooden seats, all stops. It make sense
to miss the local and take the next express; the two trains probably
will come to the city at about the same time.

There are also minibuses from the airport to Moscow's southernmost
subway stations. They are cheaper than the train and run more often,
but I find the train much more pleasant to ride.

Link:

http://www.domodedovo.ru/en/main/getting/1/aero/

--vld.