Looking for a small town outside of Benevento

Old February 28th, 2004, 04:40 AM

Default Looking for a small town outside of Benevento

I'm trying to find information about a small town outside Benevento
called Castel duna. My grandfather Louis Iacovelli came from this
town. I'd like to get a map with its location and find out some
information about it. Can anyone help? If I visited this town, how
would I get there? I can't seem to find any information about this
town.
Old February 28th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Joe Pessarra

wrote in message
om...
I'm trying to find information about a small town outside Benevento
called Castel duna. My grandfather Louis Iacovelli came from this
town. I'd like to get a map with its location and find out some
information about it. Can anyone help? If I visited this town, how
would I get there? I can't seem to find any information about this
town.

You might contact the town of Benevento by email, and ask for some help. Go
to http://www.cittaspettacolo.it/

There are two Iacovelli listings in Benevento in the Italy phone directory
on the Internet at http://www.infobel.com/italy/ You might write them for
help.

My Michelin map of Italy does not show the town.

Good luck on your search.

Joe in Texas

Old February 28th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Luca Logi

Joe Pessarra wrote:

There are two Iacovelli listings in Benevento in the Italy phone directory
on the Internet at http://www.infobel.com/italy/ You might write them for
help.

I do not know if writing directly would be appropriate, but while you
are at it you could use the complete Italian phone directory at
http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html
If you put the family name in the "Cognome" and BN in the city field
(this meaning the *whole* Benevento province), you get an additional
name.

Also I would consider alternative spelling; I am almost sure that the
original poster (or some of his relatives) made some spelling mistakes,
as the Italian form is "Luigi", not "Louis".

For example, could the name of the place be "Casalduni"? If you look at
http://marie.bravepages.com/surpica.htm
documenting a Brigida Iacovelli in Casalduni around 1830, it looks as a
very possible hypotesis.

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:
Home page:
Old February 28th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Joe Pessarra

"Luca Logi" wrote in message
Joe Pessarra wrote:

[...]

Thank you Lucca for the additional Italian white pages site, and how to use
it. Should help me in other searches. And your hypothesis on alternate
spellings of the town name and first name are "right on", I think.

Joe Pessarra (looks possibly Italian, but East Prussian in 1600's) in Texas

Old February 28th, 2004, 03:15 PM
quiqueg

"Joe Pessarra" wrote in
:

Joe Pessarra (looks possibly Italian, but East Prussian in 1600's) in
Texas

sounds more Spanish, like a Pizarro deformed by southern italian dialect
Old February 28th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Joe Pessarra

"quiqueg" wrote in message
"Joe Pessarra" wrote in
:

Joe Pessarra (looks possibly Italian, but East Prussian in 1600's) in
Texas

sounds more Spanish, like a Pizarro deformed by southern italian dialect

Could be, but then there are 538 Pesaro, 6 Pasaro,and 336 Pesare listings in
the Italy phone directory. Sort of close. Just like the many Pessarra,
Pesara, Pessara, Pesarra, Peshara, Pesharra listings in Germany, all
related. And Portugal has a lot of Peshara, Pesharra families who came from
Italy. So maybe in 1500's my ancestors came from Italy to East Prussia.
Still working on that angle.

Joe