2 weeks in London and Paris, 5 days Berlin, 4 days in Amsterdam, 4 days in Bussels

Old February 23rd, 2004, 02:41 AM
nick

Default 2 weeks in London and Paris, 5 days Berlin, 4 days in Amsterdam, 4 days in Bussels

"Rasmus Lundbye" wrote in message ...

Talking dullness, I would rather stay around Brussels than go to Northern
France though.

Could be a good point. After seing the other cities my main point was that
perhaps 4 days in Brussels sounds too much.

4 minutes is too much What's there in Brussels? Absolutely nothing except a bunch
of bureaucrats and a silly building.

Old February 23rd, 2004, 02:45 AM
nick

Yes Prague is essential, and consider Tallinn (capital of Estonia) too.

"VacuumHead" wrote in message om...
Sounds like a good time, but many prefer Munich over Berlin. Try to
squeeze in Barcelona and/or Prague.

(Charlie Pink) wrote in message . com...
What do you think?

Old February 24th, 2004, 02:42 AM
devil

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 02:41:19 +0000, nick wrote:

4 minutes is too much What's there in Brussels? Absolutely nothing except a bunch
of bureaucrats and a silly building.

Beer. Mussels.

A bunch of Art Nouveau places including the Horta museum. The Grand
Place.

What I will grant you is that they let build way too much junk too close
to the historic core, which is a disaster. Also, they demolished too many
places such as Horta's maison du peuple.

Old February 28th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Stephen Ellenson

"nick" wrote in message

"Rasmus Lundbye" wrote in message

Talking dullness, I would rather stay around Brussels than go to

Northern
France though.

Could be a good point. After seing the other cities my main point was

that
perhaps 4 days in Brussels sounds too much.

4 minutes is too much What's there in Brussels? Absolutely nothing

except a bunch
of bureaucrats and a silly building.

We returned to the US from Brussels on the day of your post. I couldn't
disagree more with your sentiments. We loved Brussels and look forward to
returning. We liked the Khnopff exhibit at the Musee des Anciens, the art
nouveau, the Palais du Beaux Arts with its Horta influence, the flea market,
Place du Sablon and the antiques, Grand Place, the abbey beer, the
churches/cathedrals with the beautiful wooden pulpits, and the food was
wonderful. Ghent was a place where we will return as well. Every encounter
we had with any of the Belgian people was absolutely wonderful. And FWIW,
nothing wrong with northern France either.