Somewhere to stay between Toulouse and Narbonne, France

Old June 14th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Hasund

Default Somewhere to stay between Toulouse and Narbonne, France

Hi,

We are three friends driving from Paris to Barcelona on the 22nd of July,
and we are looking for a place to spend the night. Looking at our route,
somewhere between Toulouse and Narbonne seems reasonable. I have tried to
get a hotel in Carcassonne, but it seems like all the hotels there are
fully booked.

Can anybody help us out here? We are looking for a nice place to relax in
the evening, and maybe have a few beers at some cozy pub or bar. There are
always the Formula1 or ETAP hotels, but something a little more "France"
would be greatly appriciated...

Any experiences from this area?

-HH

Old June 14th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Diego

Le Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:51:15 +0200, Hasund a
écrit :

We are three friends driving from Paris to Barcelona on the 22nd of July,
and we are looking for a place to spend the night. Looking at our route,
somewhere between Toulouse and Narbonne seems reasonable. I have tried to
get a hotel in Carcassonne, but it seems like all the hotels there are
fully booked.

You mean all the Carcassone hotels are fully booked on July 22nd ? On
a week day ? Hard to swallow.

Can anybody help us out here? We are looking for a nice place to relax in
the evening, and maybe have a few beers at some cozy pub or bar. There are
always the Formula1 or ETAP hotels, but something a little more "France"
would be greatly appriciated...

You could eat a Cassoulet in Castelnaudary.
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Hasund schrieb:

We are three friends driving from Paris to Barcelona on the 22nd of July,
and we are looking for a place to spend the night. Looking at our route,
somewhere between Toulouse and Narbonne seems reasonable. I have tried to
get a hotel in Carcassonne, but it seems like all the hotels there are
fully booked.

Can anybody help us out here? We are looking for a nice place to relax in
the evening, and maybe have a few beers at some cozy pub or bar. There are
always the Formula1 or ETAP hotels, but something a little more "France"
would be greatly appriciated...

Any experiences from this area?

Have a cassoulet at Castelnaudary.
Maybe http://perso.wanadoo.fr/claude.brajeuxgeli/plan.htm

Or nearby, in the countryside: http://la-capelle.site.voila.fr/

Or try Foix if you want to skip Narbonne for the mountain road.

Regards, ULF
Old June 15th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Bob Vandiver

Here is the obvious answer: a night in Condom. Tell the folks you spent
a night in Condom! Impress your friends! Take your picture beneath the
town limit sign!

Seriously, it actually is a nice little place in the heart of Armagnac
country - the little known brother of cognac. There was (in '99) a nice
hotel that I think was called the Fleur De Lys and a great unheralded
restaurant attached to it with Dauphin in the title. I couldn't believe
that it had no Michelin star(s).

Bob Vandiver
Old June 15th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Ulf Kutzner

This one? http://www.gascogne.fr/htroislys/englwel.htm

and a great unheralded
restaurant attached to it with Dauphin in the title. I couldn't believe
that it had no Michelin star(s).

http://www.gascogne.fr/htroislys/servengl.htm

Regards, ULF
Old June 16th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Bob Vandiver

In article ,
Ulf Kutzner wrote:

Bob Vandiver schrieb:

Here is the obvious answer: a night in Condom. Tell the folks you spent
a night in Condom! Impress your friends! Take your picture beneath the
town limit sign!

Seriously, it actually is a nice little place in the heart of Armagnac
country - the little known brother of cognac. There was (in '99) a nice
hotel that I think was called the Fleur De Lys

This one? http://www.gascogne.fr/htroislys/englwel.htm

and a great unheralded
restaurant attached to it with Dauphin in the title. I couldn't believe
that it had no Michelin star(s).

http://www.gascogne.fr/htroislys/servengl.htm

Regards, ULF

Yes, those are the very places!