How much money for one year in Asia???

Old July 6th, 2004, 01:37 PM
magda

Default How much money for one year in Asia???

Hi
How much money would I need for one-year travel in Asia (china, SEA,
India, Nepal)? Do you thing 7000USD would be enough?

Thanks a lot
mb

Old July 6th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Markku Grönroos

Not in my opinion.

"magda" kirjoitti viestissä
om...

Old July 6th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Peter L

"magda" wrote in message
om...
Hi
How much money would I need for one-year travel in Asia (china, SEA,
India, Nepal)? Do you thing 7000USD would be enough?

Divide that into 360 days and you get $20 a day. It's great if you don't
include travel cost, housing, and food.

Thanks a lot
mb

Old July 7th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Spehro Pefhany

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 06:41:18 +0000 (UTC), the renowned
(Eric Edwards) wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 04:28:15 +0200, me wrote:
On 6 Jul 2004 12:27:25 -0700,
(Tchiowa) wrote:

(magda) wrote in message . com...
Hi
How much money would I need for one-year travel in Asia (china, SEA,
India, Nepal)? Do you thing 7000USD would be enough?

Depends entirely on how you want to live. You're talking about less
than $20 per day and that includes transportation expenses.

If you plan on losing weight and don't mind living with mosquitoes and
cockroaches, you *MIGHT* make it.

Losing weight? In Asia? How could one possibly lose weight in Asia?

I did. I came back 5-10 pounds lighter than I left. I think it was due
to small portions and the general inconvenience of eating while
traveling. The struggle to get adequate veggie content in parts of
Malaysia and Indonesia got to be wearing as well.

I tend to lose weight too, at least when I travel alone. Food just
isn't that important to me when I'm on the move. I stayed 5 days in
Hong Kong last year and actually bought NO food at all (free lunch
snacks from a VIP program, "free" breakfast at the hotel and one
client dinner). I also walk a LOT on vacations and tend to go to sleep
early without a big (often without any) dinner.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old July 7th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Markku Grönroos

Spehro Pefhany kirjoitti:

I tend to lose weight too, at least when I travel alone. Food just
isn't that important to me when I'm on the move. I stayed 5 days in
Hong Kong last year and actually bought NO food at all (free lunch
snacks from a VIP program, "free" breakfast at the hotel and one
client dinner). I also walk a LOT on vacations and tend to go to sleep
early without a big (often without any) dinner.

Im am not a gourmet myself. However, I about always do gain weight
during my holiday rather than lose it. For instance when I returned from
Indonesia a couple of years ago I teased my scale by 97 kg. By christmas
I lost some 5 kg but then again at dinner table with santa claus....

I recommend everyone to eat as regularly as possible. A good night's
rest is most important as well for those who get blisters in their feet.