Boston practical info

Old September 6th, 2004, 06:10 AM
nikita

Default Boston practical info

Hi everyone,
My husband and I will be traveling to the USA, Boston during the
months of October and November.
We have been there before but not for more than one week, so we don't
really know all that much about Boston.
We would like to know more about good sea food restaurants, a market
place where we can buy fresh food and vegetables ( we will be staying
in Charlestown).
What musea are a must?
How can we best travel to Salem, Vermont, Maine,...

Thank you

Nikita
Old September 6th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Dick Snyder

Your message makes it sound like you will be in Boston iteself for quite
awhile. If that is the case I recommend that you buy a Zaggat book in one of
the book store. Zaggat publishs reviews of restaurants by customers so I
have found their reviews to be quite good. As for museums, we have wonderful
ones. A few obvious ones are the Museum of Fine Arts, the Science Museum,
Peabody Museum, and Isabelle Stewart Gardner. If you have children, you
should go to the Children's museum. Of course this all depends on what you
are interested in. The best idea would be to get a travel book for the
Boston area which you can find in any local book store if you can't find it
where you live. Travel to Salem, Vermont, and Maine would best be done by
renting a car. If that is not possible, then you can take some bus tours.
During early October, you will be in our area when all the leaves are
turning beautiful colors. I highly recommend travelling to see the fall
colors in Vermont and New Hampshire. I haven't gone to Maine in the fall so
I can't comment on that.

My daughter lived in Charlestown until recently. I will ask her about
shopping and post another reply.

om...