Security in KL

Old September 30th, 2004, 10:47 AM
SemanKilat

"Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad" othmana@buangsampah wrote in message
:
: "Alex" wrote in message
: ...
: Very insightful of you Mr. Focus,
:
: "Focus" wrote in message
: ...
: PLEASE make 100% sure that you are going to make your purchase
: before you
: let them swipe your card because once they have swiped it, you can
: consider
: the transaction done. Even if you don't sign the transaction slip.
: You can
: bet 100% they won't ever refund your money if you change your
: mind.
:
: It should be pretty obvious that when we give the merchant our
: credit card,
: we already agree to buy.
:
: What if it were stolen? As had been the case so many times already. In
: fact, they can
: use it within the hour to break its credit limit.
:
: It is so unfair and unsafe that consumers in Malaysia should complain
: hard.
:
:
:

Correct me if I am wrong.... but the machine that captures the card infos
will store the credit card number, card holder name and expiry date. It
doesnt matter if they swipe it once.

Some of us when we use our cards at the petrol stations, we leave the
receipt there at the pump. The receipt contains all infos needed to execute
an online transactions.

---

Old October 2nd, 2004, 01:27 AM
Focus

Definitely Malaysian with all the wrong spellings which may lead to
misunderstandings. And broken English.

Look at "we hope to leave here peacefully forever."

(S)he hopes "to live here peacefully forever" or "to leave (as in emigrate)
here peacefully forever" ( and never come back).

"SemanKilat" wrote in message
Definitely Malaysian you are indeed.

"Samantha" wrote in message
: Hi Alfred,
:
: I'm Malaysian and has been staying here for 28 years peacefully. Of

course
: there is a crime but not only in Malaysia and of course in every where

in
: this world. We used to hear that about the rumors in the web-press which
is
: totally untrue and sometime they (the reporters) purposely make the
stories
: even to the worst scenario which is totally ridicules.
:
: Not to worry, Malaysian is still a safe country with three main races,
: Malay, Indian & Chinese staying together so far and we hope to leave

here
: peacefully forever. Things that your wife heard might be normal for all
the
: countries (what I mean thefts are every where) just have to be alert and
: careful.
:
: I do travel to overseas even backpacking and seeing nothing like

Malaysian
: where we have a few races, few language and few religious, I even

married
: different race.
:
: Hope this info help you.
:
:
:
:
:
: "Alfred Molon" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi,
:
: we are flying to KL in December. My Malaysian wife who routinely reads
: the news in chinapress.com.my keeps telling me that the security
: situation in KL has worsened substantially over the last few years.
:
: When I'm in KL I'm used to go to the Citibank branch in Jalan Ampang
: even late at night and get larger amounts of cash from the ATM. Now my
: wife insists that I stop doing that, because she read stories that
: people will wait near the ATM, then follow people who took larger
: amounts of cash to steal it from them. She also told me that if you

stop
: with your car at the red traffic light, it can happen that somebody

will
: open the car door, threaten you with a knife and steal your money. And
: so on.
:
: All this makes me wonder if the security situation in KL has really
: deteriorated so much...?
: --
:
: Alfred Molon
:
: http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
: Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Prague,
: Budapest and Portugal
:
:

---