How to pack light, some tips

Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
William Black

Default How to pack light, some tips

"Magda" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:38:11 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "William Black"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this:

... "sharx35" wrote in message
... news:yiWyi.6864$vP5.1045@edtnps90...
... "William Black" wrote in message
... ...
... "Magda" wrote in message
... ... In a nutshell? Demanding entitlement bitches who think that
their
... butt is
... ... made out of gold.
... ...
... ... Well the words seem to be in English but they don't make any
sense.
... ...
... ... Does anyone know what this means?
... Yes. He is right, too.
... Oh great.
... Another one who likes to play word games.
... --
... William Black
... William, is English your FIRST language? I thought not.
... In this case my problem seems to be that IT IS my first language.

I thought you were kidding. It's so clear! Are you "not understanding" on
purpose?

Nope.

It's obviously in some sort of vernacular I'm unfamiliar with.

I really didn't understand what he was going on about.

I think I do now.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
William Black

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message

I have a life, and a very nice one too thank you. I wouldn't change it
for anything. I realise the kind of jobs some people have don't adapt
well to being done remotely, but try not to let your bitterness about
that show through in every post you make.

Chris [at a beach resort in S.E. Asia)

I'd have thought SE Asia would be a bit damp this time of year, I only
spend the winters in the tropics.

Bill, [At the English seaside for the summer]

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Aug 22, 10:37 am, "William Black"
wrote:
"Chris Blunt" wrote in message

I have a life, and a very nice one too thank you. I wouldn't change it
for anything. I realise the kind of jobs some people have don't adapt
well to being done remotely, but try not to let your bitterness about
that show through in every post you make.

Chris [at a beach resort in S.E. Asia)

I'd have thought SE Asia would be a bit damp this time of year, I only
spend the winters in the tropics.

Different parts of it get the rainy season at different times.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
Mimi

"sharx35" wrote in message

"William Black" wrote in message

"sharx35" wrote in message

"Magda" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:13:52 -0400, in rec.travel.europe, "Rog'"
arranged some electrons, so they looked
like this:

... "William Black" wrote:
... "sharx35" wrote:
... Those guys who are saddled with "high maintenance" wives,
... take note.
... Define 'high maintenance' in this case please.
... Try lugging a 50lb. pullman up three flights of narrow stairs in
... a B&B in Bath, and you might have an idea of what it means,
... in this case. The phrase "heavy luggage" wife doesn't sound
... as classy. As much as I hate to admit it, Magda's comment
... about potential hernias hit close to home. :-/

Hernias must hurt much less than admitting that one is married to a
brat.

Yes, "brat" is one word that could be used to describe a
high-maintenance wife...someone who is demanding, thinks that SHE is the
Queen of Sheba etc etc. Other words would be, e.g. b***h, c**t. You get
the idea.

I understand now.

You're someone who doesn't understand what women want.

You do realise that the first man who wanders along with a box of
chocolates and a bunch of flowers will take her away...

Flowers and chocolates? Yeah, that will REALLY impress the chicks who are
trying to lose wait and avoid an allergic attack from the flowers.
Entitlement bitches want a LOT, LOT more than bonbons and posies. They
want the BIGGEST house, the most expensive car...et cetera on the block.
They want a fancier vacation than any of their friends.

And they want a man who can spell.

Marianne

Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
Rog'

"Mimi" wrote:

"sharx35" wrote:
"William Black" wrote:
You're someone who doesn't understand what women want.
You do realise that the first man who wanders along with a
box of chocolates and a bunch of flowers will take her away...

Flowers and chocolates? Yeah, that will REALLY impress the
chicks who are trying to lose wait [weight?] and avoid an allergic
attack from the flowers. Entitlement bitches want a LOT, LOT
more than bonbons and posies. They want the BIGGEST house,
the most expensive car...et cetera on the block. They want a
fancier vacation than any of their friends.

And they want a man who can spell.

-----------------
My, are we being ~persnickity~? [LOL]
I'm reminded here of the line, "Take my wife... please."
--- Henny Youngman (asking an usher to seat his wife)

Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:49:29 GMT, "sharx35"
wrote:

What kind of BLOODY nutbar are you?

Something I've been wondering myself. About you.

Cheers, Alan, Australia

Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
sharx35

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
sharx35 wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
sharx35 wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Markku Grönroos wrote:
"Chris Blunt" kirjoitti
om...
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:58:18 +0300, Markku Grönroos
wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" kirjoitti
om...

I carry a small bottle of shampoo, because I don't like the
free
stuff. Maybe 200ml, which could last for several weeks. Not
having
a mobile phone seems silly.

Why? When travelling on holiday, you need a phone. I don't
need
one.

I find a phone to keep in touch with people even more useful
when
I'm
traveling than it is at home. It also serves as a camera, an
alarm
clock, a GPS, and a way to check my emails. Something so
compact
that
does all that and only weighs around 100g easily justifies
being
taken along on any trips I make.

Fortunately I don't have to be available for other people at
work
by
phone. Actually I seldom carry a phone when I am out of home.
When
am back I just check the calls. If wandering in wilderness, a
phone
may be a good piece in security terms, but on the other hand I
have
never went deep in to wild vistas all my own.

If you're going "deep in to wild vistas" the cell phone usually
won't
work anyway. Taking a day hike in Connecticut it's nice to have
in
case you slip and break your leg, but coverage when you're away
from
areas of high population density starts to get spotty.

And what are the odds about breaking your leg on a hike in
Connecticut and someone NOT coming along with seconds?

If it happens on a Monday you may lie there for a week.

I've hiked
all over the Canadian Rockies WITHOUT breaking my leg and WITHOUT
cell phone OR a GPS unit. Never got lost. Never got injured. You
pansies are a bunch of nervous Nellies who can't get off the
electronic teat.

Anybody who thinks "it can't happen to me because it hasn't
happened
to me" doesn't have a firm grasp on reality.

And the fact that you call people who make choices different from
yours "pansies" and "nervous Nellies" tells me that you are
insecure
in your own choices and find it necessary to bolster your own
pitiful
ego by demeaning others.

Ah, but it is YOU who is doing the demeaning, telling us that it is
YOU who is insecure, having to defend YOUR choices.

I'm not the one who started disparaging others.

A long time ago in a backpacking forum I recall having a similar
discussion, with someone whose attitude was much like yours telling us
that he'd never gotten injured and that if he did he would crawl a
hundred miles if he had to. About a year later he came back on with a
story. Seems that he had broken his leg a hundred miles from
civilization and discovered to his dismay that he was unable to crawl
up the cliff he went over. He considered himself very, very fortunate
that someone found him and he's never going out solo again without
some means of communication.

It's clear though that you need to GTFU. When you have, let me know
and I'll unplonk you.

Continue to suck at the teat of technology then. Do you even go offline when
you take a dump?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:40 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
sharx35

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
sharx35 wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Chris Blunt wrote:

snip

In that case you would have absolutely no need for such a function
on
a mobile phone. Not everyone is in the lucky position of being so
independent of email.

Actually I find the email function quite useful. Before I go
grocery
shopping I email my shopping list to my cell phone. But I seldom
get
email from others that has any urgency.

What kind of BLOODY nutbar are you? Haven't you ever heard of TAKING
your grocery list WITH YOU, when you go shopping? Talk about
complicating the simple. Never heard of, "Keep it SIMPLE, STUPID"?

Why kill a tree for something that's going to get thrown away anyway?

SOME of us save junk mail, flyers, etc and use the blank side for such
purposes. It IS better to REUSE then recycle then to just recycle. ANd, by
the way, what about that coal or natural gas used to create the power needed
for your electronic communications?

And learn to trim your posts.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:42 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
sharx35

... "William Black" wrote:
... "sharx35" wrote:
[...]

Here is the news.

That's normal.

It's only normal in a community of shallow yuppies. That does NOT make it
acceptable behavior for MATURE adults with PROPER values.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
sharx35

... "William Black" wrote:
... "sharx35" wrote:
[...]

Carping about my "wait versus weight" usage indicates that YOU are probably
an "entitlement, high-maintenance bitch".