Long Line-ups/Princess

Old September 19th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Darlene Hinton

Default Long Line-ups/Princess

Just a warning to future Princess Cruisers. I just came back from a
European cruise on the Golden with 9 ports visited. The ship is great as
is the service but their boarding at the end of a day is horrendous.I
stood in line for up to an hour. It wasn't a huge deal for me because
I'm young but I was very upset to see elderly people barely able to
stand 10 min. let alone an hour trying to stay on their feet without
passing out. A large percentage of the passengers were elderly
and they really had a hard time of it. In one case there was only one
entrance to the ship for all 2500 of us (not including staff off duty)
Ridiculas!
If you are elderly and not capable of standing for these durations, I
highly encourage you to make contact with Princess to possibly make
arrangements for a speedier boarding. I'm not trying to discourage
anyone, just prepare you. Where there's a will there's a way!

Old September 19th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Darlene Hinton wrote:

[...]

Why was there such a long wait to board the ship?

sue

Old September 19th, 2003, 06:18 AM
Jeff H

"Darlene Hinton" partially wrote in message
news:84a5b0160362880b9cd951b07b4745b3.51473@mygate .mailgate.org...
In one case there was only one
entrance to the ship for all 2500 of us (not including staff off duty)
Ridiculas!

Been on nine cruises with RCCL and never had to wait more than 10 minutes to
get back on. Tendering is a different story. BTW, all of them had only one
way off, one way one. Even with 6 passengers boarding a minute, that would
make 360 an hour. That would be one long line to stand in.

Jeff

Old September 20th, 2003, 02:05 AM
MarkT

Isn't this the case with all ships...one hatch open for passengers? The
larger the ship, with everybody returning at the last minute to board before
the ship leaves will make for lines. We've seen it in Key West, Costa Maya,
St. Martin, and almost every other port we've been to.

The larger the ship, the longer the line. Personally, I want them to go
through one by one so that nobody who doesn't belong can't slip in.

I'm all for older people travelling, but where do you draw the line? People
who can't stand up for 10 min. might be better off in a wheelchair. They
can still enjoy life from that perspective.

Mark T.

Old September 20th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Charles

In article .com,
MarkT wrote:

Isn't this the case with all ships...one hatch open for passengers? The
larger the ship, with everybody returning at the last minute to board before
the ship leaves will make for lines. We've seen it in Key West, Costa Maya,
St. Martin, and almost every other port we've been to.

All Princess cruises I have been on except the old Pacific Princess had
two gangways open for passengers. Never had any long lines on Princess
but I don't return at the last minute. I wonder if were they doing more
security on this cruise since it was European than they do in the
Caribbean?

--
Charles
Old September 20th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Brenda

We cruised the Golden Med cruise last May & had -0- wait time to
reboard from excursions. 2 gangways were open & most chose the front
one & we walked to the back & just walked right on.......