money inAustralia

Old September 18th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Nielse Hansen

Default money inAustralia

how widely accepted are visa and Master card?Is one more than the other?Also
we have in other travels put money on our credit card and taken cash
advances , with no penalties, have any of you done this in Oz andhave you
had to pay fees?
Thanks in advance for your help and what is the story on using
ban(debit)cards?thanks we will be visiting for themonth of October.

Old September 18th, 2004, 07:05 AM
A Mate

Visa and Mastercard are both almost universally accepted.

Fees are charged by the issuing bank - nothing to do with Australian banks -
so you need to check with your bank!!

Debit cards work fine - Australian ATM's are affiliated with Maestro,
Cirrus, Plus and all the other usual operating systems!

le.rogers.com...

Old September 18th, 2004, 08:41 AM
www.poms.co.uk

"Nielse Hansen" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
how widely accepted are visa and Master card?Is one more than the
other?Also we have in other travels put money on our credit card and taken
cash advances , with no penalties, have any of you done this in Oz andhave
you had to pay fees?
Thanks in advance for your help and what is the story on using
ban(debit)cards?thanks we will be visiting for themonth of October.

Just about every pace will take Visa and Master card

ta
www.poms.co.uk

Old September 18th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Julie

Not a problem to put your credit card into credit and take cash advances.
Any charges will be from your own bank not from Australian Banks.

It would be no different from when we travel overseas. We do exactly the
same thing and have never had a problem in any country that we have visited.

Julie