British Airways

Old June 1st, 2005, 10:53 PM
irwell

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

irwell wrote:

On Tue, 31 May 2005 17:28:40 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

irwell wrote:

On Mon, 30 May 2005 10:22:23 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

irwell wrote:

On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:25:09 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Bernhard Mayer wrote:

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

I have flown any number of connecting flights from LHR to
other destinations in Europe, and had no reason to complain
until the flight attendants, last time, insisted that I take
a window seat because I had used a wheel chair between gates!

Yes, BA can be very insisting on their policies. Apparently the idea is
that people who cannot move quickly should sit at the window -
therefore not holding up anybody else in the case of an emergency. This
way you can get most of the people out of the plane more or less in an
orderly fashion and then have the FA take care of the "leftovers".

the downside is that in non-emergency cases (which after all is more
than 98%, hopefully) it is a pain for these people to get to the
toilet, for instance...

Precisely my reason for insisting on an aisle seat! (In
consideration of the "pain" to a seat mate of frequently
being asked to move so I may visit it.) Also, as stated, my
difficulty does not lie in an inability to move fast, but to
walk long distances (hardly a factor, once aboard the plane).

Sounds like you want it all your own way,
special treatment boarding but not following
the FA's safety instructions.

Yes, when those "instructions" are meaningless, in many
cases. My wish for you: May you soon develop the same
problems with distance walking! (It's so easy to make snap
judgments, when you don't know what you're talking about.)

The airports, particularly American ones, are full of overweight
people riding the carts to the gates, funny how they suddenly get
very agile when they reach their destinations.

There are many reasons why one has difficulty walking long
distances, but has no problem with short ones - one's weight
has nothing to do with them. The very young frequently
assume that they are immortal and indestructible - obviously
you are among them. (You'll learn soon enough, be careful
you don't have TOO many ill-considered remarks to "eat" when
you do.)

Thanks for the advice, will remember it on my 80th
birthday in a year's time.

Oh, that explains it! Altzheimers, or merely second childhood?

Thank you, Dr.Ruth!