Britain beastly to travelling dog owners

Old May 30th, 2005, 05:27 PM
emilia

nitram wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2005 13:26:52 +0200, emilia

Britain beastly to travelling dog owners
by Steve Keenan
A new survey reveals a lack of dog-friendly facilities compared to
European neighbours

(article snipped)

I was surprised to find most hotels in Paris that I tried to book would
not allow dogs.

One of the things in favour of French hotels?

Maybe. But I was surprised considering how much the French love their
dogs & take them everywhere.

Old May 30th, 2005, 05:53 PM

Andy Pandy wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
One third of all Germans, French and Italians said that they were
actually put off coming to holiday in the UK for this reason.

Good. The last thing we need is foreigners with no idea of cleaning up
after their pets coming and spreading nasty diseases in public places.

we can do it better ourselves ?

Sellafield nuclear leak not noticed
Andrew Porter, Deputy Political Editor

A LEAK of radioactive liquid at the Sellafield complex went undetected
for months in what is thought to be the worst nuclear accident in
Britain for 13 years.

Oh well that makes dog **** all right then. I'll go and scrape some up of the
pavement and make a sandwich.

and wash it down with a pint of Old Windscale Gamma

Old May 30th, 2005, 06:15 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Andy Pandy wrote:

wrote in message
ps.com...

According to Winalot, which commissioned the poll, the attitude means
that Britain missed out on £2.2 billion of tourist receipts because
owners won't travel here due to the lack of dog-friendly facilities.

Good. We have enough British dogs ****ting on the pavements and barking at
unsocial hours.

Many people are put off booking accomodation in places which welcome pets -
something this survey no doubt ignored.

And "many people" should probably not travel at all!

--
Andy

Old May 30th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On 30 May 2005 09:21:18 -0700, "Jack Campin"
wrote:

Who ever caught a disease in a public place from a dog turd?

Rather a lot:

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40000480/
http://www.cdfound.to.it/HTML/dir3.htm

According to this:

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0036-46652003000500010&script=sci_arttext

an annual infection rate of 17.9% for one area of Brazil.

That last link doesn't work for me, and in the others I can't find
anything to do with the number of people gotten sick from doggy doo in
a public place.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old May 30th, 2005, 07:05 PM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

michael:

One third of all Germans, French and Italians said that they were
actually put off coming to holiday in the UK for this reason.

Good. The last thing we need is foreigners with no idea of cleaning up
after their pets coming and spreading nasty diseases in public places.

You may have been using irony there- but unfortunately, there are plenty
of people like that _here_ in the UK already...

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old May 30th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Andy Pandy

Do you want names and addresses? Or can we just take it as read that
depositing piles of vile smelling bacteria-laden material where people
of all ages, eyesight etc go is a Bad Thing?

Unaesthetic, perhaps (and annoying, if one discovers it by
stepping in it), but hardly life-threatening! 8-)

You can get all sorts of diseases from excrement - from any animal (particularly
carnivores) or human.

In addition, dog**** can carry a worm which can, and does, cause permanent
damage to eyesight.

--