Staying in Victoria, Australia

Old March 15th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Daniel Bowen

Default Staying in Victoria, Australia

"Raffi Balmanoukian" a
wrote in message
news:BC7A8C38.21F51%walkabout@TAKEOUTTHETRASHTOREP LY.ns.sympatico.ca...
Speaking of which, Natalie, you DO know about hook turns in the CBD,
don'tcha? They do take some getting used to.

Fun to watch, though! :-)

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
Email: dbowen at custard dot net dot au

Old March 15th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Dave Campbell

"Raffi Balmanoukian" a
wrote in message
news:BC7A8C38.21F51%walkabout@TAKEOUTTHETRASHTOREP LY.ns.sympatico.ca...

It is not expensive and although you have a car you would not want a car

in
the city.

Speaking of which, Natalie, you DO know about hook turns in the CBD,
don'tcha? They do take some getting used to.

Do what the people with the yellow number plates (licence plates) do: as
soon as you see a tram line, PARK and take the tram. (Hook turns are only
employed where right-turning traffic would otherwise obstruct the
tramlines.) This way you also avoid all the other pitfalls of navigating
around the busiest parts of town, which would be quite difficult enough for
out-of-towners even without the trams.

Dave Campbell

Old March 15th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Michael McAuliffe

Hi Natalie,

Great to hear you are coming to Melbourne. You will love it here.

If your wanting to stay in Melbourne, I would check out some of the hotels
and motels in St Kilda or even Melbourne CBD. I could suggest some, however
let me know what sort of budget you have per night and whether you want to
share or have your own room.
I actually work in the hotel industry and maybe able to help you with a
buget 3 star hotel. You would be looking at $99 AUD per night.
Let me know what your budget is and I will see what options I can think of.

Michael
"Natalie" wrote in message
.. .
I'm planing to go to Australia for about 2 weeks give or take (in about
3months), travelling from Eastern Canada to the area of Melbourne,
Australia. I obviously want to save money so am wondering...what good
priced hotel/motel/bed&breakfast...are there to help me? I'll have a car
so if worst comes to worst I'll have my luggages in there but need a bed.

Cheers,

Natalie

Old March 28th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Ian Phillips

I found the city very snobby. Adelaide much better.
Think I had a b and b way up the commuter line $ 50 or so.

Ian in Edmonton

.. .

Old March 28th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Natalie

I know of Adelaide very well..but ended up finding this gorgeous little
cabin close to Melbourne..I found quite a few places actually but want to be
close to Lorne, not too far from Melbourne Airport...so on, so forth. We
might make a trip up to Adelaide though but seing that it's an 8h drive..or
so I was told..we might just head to the shore and go up as far as to the 12
Apostles max.

Thanks though..
Nat in the NCR

"Ian Phillips" wrote in message
I found the city very snobby. Adelaide much better.
Think I had a b and b way up the commuter line $ 50 or so.

Ian in Edmonton

.. .