Parking at the new Red Hook pier for the new Crown Princess .

Old February 2nd, 2006, 09:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Parking at the new Red Hook pier for the new Crown Princess .

Hi i just found out about the parking at the new Red Hook pier in
Brooklyn. from my TA John S . It will be on pier 12 $20 a day . I know
the first ship to use the new pier this year will be the QM2 sometime
in april.I'm just wondering if the Crown and QM2 will be the only one's
useing the new pier this year . I know NCL will be moving there . Just
don't know when .Went over to see the pier in the fall It's not in the
greatest plase !! And not that easy to get to . We will be off on the
Crown Princess July 2nd for a 9 day round trip from Brooklyn .We're
really looking forward to this cruise .We loved the Grand Princess .The
Crown should even be better .
Ken G.................... Heading dawn to see the new Mets in March for
some spring training game's at Port St lu. FLA for a week and time on
the beach .

LET"S GO METS in 2006 and remembering 1986 !!!!

Old February 2nd, 2006, 09:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi Sue i will be at the pier when the QM2 comes in for the first time
in April . I'll know more then . We was almost on the same date as you
guy's . But the wife doesn't want to go in august this time .Last year
on the Miracle in august we kinda of hit Katrina . We couldn.t get back
to Tampa had to go to Ft Louderdale instend !! Carnival handel it very
good i must say .I'm really looking forward to this cruise it will be
her 2nd cruise .Hope she's not late . Then we may be going with you
guy's on a free cruise LOL !!!
Ken G..........

Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:38:25 -0500, Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Have you heard anything about how the pier is coming along?

Hi Sue,

I received a report on 1/26. The gist was that the "terminal site is
a mess". Further he said, "The pavement for parking and marshaling
coaches, cars, taxis and supply trucks is all rubble, and the old
cargo shed is devoid of anything within." He also went on to say that
there is a skeletal structure that will be the embarkation facilities.
He indicated it was still just a skeletal structure. He thinks it
will be a real stretch to have this facility ready by the time the
first cruise ship is suppose to embark passengers on 4/15. I am sorry
to be the bearer of such negative news.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

Have you heard anything about how the pier is coming along?

Hi Sue,

I received a report on 1/26. The gist was that the "terminal site is
a mess". Further he said, "The pavement for parking and marshaling
coaches, cars, taxis and supply trucks is all rubble, and the old
cargo shed is devoid of anything within." He also went on to say that
there is a skeletal structure that will be the embarkation facilities.
He indicated it was still just a skeletal structure. He thinks it
will be a real stretch to have this facility ready by the time the
first cruise ship is suppose to embark passengers on 4/15. I am sorry
to be the bearer of such negative news.

No big deal.... for those of us in New Jersey... it's easier to get to Tokyo
than to Brooklyn.

With any luck... the terminal won't be ready for another 3 years... and the
SGC will sail from Manhattan.

--Tom

Old February 3rd, 2006, 05:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi Ray i'm was never sure the pier will be ready this year .Looks like
Carnival is not spreading the big bucks around like you have to do in
NYC to get aqnything done . Bayown was up and running in good time for
RCCI !! I'm still hopping the Crown head's back to the city insted od
Brooklyn !!!! As Bad as the piers are in the city they are far and away
better then Red Hook !!! .