TRAVELLING BAREFOOT? VISIT "THE BAREFOOT TRAVELLER'S TEPEE"!

Old August 17th, 2005, 06:45 PM

Default TRAVELLING BAREFOOT? VISIT "THE BAREFOOT TRAVELLER'S TEPEE"!

Travelling, backpacking, hiking... Many of us LOVE it, and some of us
ENJOY it even more if they're doing it barefoot! I've spent YEARS
on the road, and I've been barefoot all the time. Meeting other
like-minded souls, spotting another pair of tanned, dusty bare feet
with soles black as coal is cool, one knows immediately: We've
something in common! I've met a good many barefoot traveller: The
typical newcomer - with a pair of flip-flops dangling from his
backpack - and people like me, with no shoes at all in their luggage,
trusting in their leather-like soles, toughened over many months.
Chatting about our experiences is always fun, and one day, I was
thinking: There should be a place in Cyberspace for our tribe, a place
too meet, to share stories - while on the road, after returning home,
while planning a new adventure... Searching a while, I've found an
EXCELLENT Web-Page:

http://members.tripod.com/~bftravel/

Thanx for the wonderful work, Martin! You've inspired - and
encouraged! - many of us...

Martin's page is gr8: You'll find many stories and loads of
pictures as well as useful background-info. But it's not actually a
MEETING PLACE... That's why I've created a Yahoo-Group - our very
own "Virtual Tepee"! Here's the link and the group-description:

THE BAREFOOT TRAVELLER'S TEPEE

Have you ever thought about TRAVELLING BAREFOOT? Most probably,
that's why you're here, right? No matter if you've been
travelling for many weeks or months without even carrying any shoes or
if you're just back from your first barefoot trip: You're WELCOME!
This Group is the virtual home of our tribe - a place to share our
stories, talk about our experiences and encourage every newcomer to
"keep 'em bare"! Leave your shoes outside and enter our tepee!
The chai is ready...
Let's talk about the joys of travelling barefoot! How amazing, how
special it is... I've spent YEARS on the road: Exploring the wonders
of Ancient Egypt, getting lost in the bazaars of Damascus, relaxing at
one of those beautiful, pristine beaches in Maharashtra or Kerala,
hiking in the Himalayas - ALWAYS barefoot, without any footwear in my
backpack, trusting in my leather-like soles, toughened over many
years... Covering thousands of kilometres on my bare soles, I've made
friends on many continents... "Barefoot, free and happy", that's
my motto!
It's exciting to roam around barefoot, and it's definitely the most
environment-friendly way of travelling, especially if it comes to
activities like hiking in ecologically sensitive regions (e.g. the
Indian Himalayas)! It's a lifestyle, a way to express ourselves...
And of course an amazing sensual experience: We can FEEL the ground!
Who would wear gloves all-year-round? Nobody! So: Why shoes?
Travelling barefoot, I'm far more "in touch", in touch with
nature, with Mother Earth... Energy can flow freely, I'm never
disconnected. Somehow you're more defensive, less aggressive if
barefoot... It's very refreshing and stimulating too, and moreover
communicative to a degree one wouldn't expect: I've made friends in
many countries, explaining WHY I'm roaming around barefoot!
Again: Welcome, thanx for joining! Leave your shoes and... SHARE YOUR
THOUGHTS!

Are you ready to share your opinion about travelling barefoot? -
there's an online-poll "Travelling barefoot"! Cast your vote...

http://www.misterpoll.com/894246532.html

For some of us, it's only a small step from travelling barefoot to
spending our whole life on bare soles. I'm one of those lucky
fellows, and I've created a separate poll "Living barefoot":

http://www.misterpoll.com/832140873.html

Living barefoot isn't a "spleen" and our tribe no "bunch of
freaks": Many share our passion, all over the world! If you've
still ANY doubt: Visit the "Barefoot Traveller's Tepee" and go
straight away to the Link-section!!! You'll find almost 70 links (so
far), opening you the door to a new world, a whole universe of barefoot
activities! You'll be surprised to read about barefoot teachers and
workers, parents and children, about fellow barefooter from Australia,
UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Italy, Malta,
Canada, the US and China, about barefoot hiker and biker, a famous
pianist performing barefoot, the bare-pawed furry community, running
barefoot, barefoot sport... Have fun - and get inspired!

Old August 18th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Pete Loud

Hi,

I saw this load of rubbish in the newsgroup a few months ago.

I can think of few things so silly as travelling around with bare feet
unless you are too poor to buy footwear.

Cheers,

Pete Loud
Maps of Indonesia, Philippines, Afghanistan, Iraq etc. etc.
www.peteloud.co.uk

oups.com...

Old August 18th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Stimp

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 Matt Hardy 2stopspam wrote:
It all reads as if it is some kind of fetish. A new one on me but hey.

mmm nothing like licking the **** off your partners feet after a day of
walking barefoot through Bangkok

"Pete Loud" wrote in message
Hi,

I saw this load of rubbish in the newsgroup a few months ago.

I can think of few things so silly as travelling around with bare feet
unless you are too poor to buy footwear.

Cheers,

Pete Loud
Maps of Indonesia, Philippines, Afghanistan, Iraq etc. etc.
www.peteloud.co.uk

oups.com...

--

"I hear ma train a comin'