Heading to Beijing this summer?

Old January 21st, 2008, 05:07 AM posted to rec.travel.air
jobs2007 jobs2007 is offline
Banned

Default Heading to Beijing this summer?

Hello all you travellers,
I'm posting this in order to assist those who speak very little or no
Mandarin and would like to explore China as well as its culture on an
average budget. I was on a homestay program just recently and this
family I stayed with was simply the best. I had the opportunity to
experience both the tourist and cultural sides of China. I personally
enjoy off the beaten path so the family took me to less crowded places
instead of the usual
tourist spots like Tian An Men, Forbidden City, Summer Palace etc. We
went fishing in Huai Rou and had a fun picnic in the afternoon. They
even drove me to Tian Jin a city 1 hour away from beijing. The whole
program which last for a week only cost me a little over $500 and
this was all in except for my own shopping items. So, those of you who
might be interested in such a program, feel free to email me and I'd
be happy to provide more details or answer any questions.

I also thought this might be helpful for those trying to get
accommodation during the Beijing olympics this summer. Most local
families are more than willing to host you for a much lower cost
compared to the outrageously priced hotels in the city.

best regards
Freda (Honolulu,HI)