Holland Amer's M S Noordam

Old January 14th, 2004, 03:07 AM
SURF COS

Default Holland Amer's M S Noordam

Has anyone ever sailed on this ship and, if so, what were some of the
pros/cons of the physical layout and it gross tonnage at only 34k?
Knowing that crews and quality of service change for better or worse,
any recent "sailors" of this ship? Your comments are welcomed, but NO
spam please. Direct email is okay.

Old January 14th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Now Voyager

I was on the Noordam back in 96 and really enjoyed it. It was elegant
and understated without any flash. I found the service to be
excellent and the food very good. By todays standards, it's quite
small and dated but I like that! The only 'negative' might be the odd
vibration in the Crow's Nest even when docked - kind of a up and down
throbbing - odd. I'd sail her again in a heartbeat!

Regards,
Doug

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 03:59:42 GMT, (CupCaked)
wrote:

(SURF COS) wrote:

Has anyone ever sailed on this ship and, if so, what were some of the
pros/cons of the physical layout and it gross tonnage at only 34k?
Knowing that crews and quality of service change for better or worse,
any recent "sailors" of this ship? Your comments are welcomed, but NO
spam please. Direct email is okay.

I think the Zagarskis sailed on the Noordam recently. If Ray sees
your post, he'll be sure to answer.

I did not sail on the Noordam, but we did sail on her sister ship, the
Nieuw Amsterdam. She was beautiful, inside and out. Great layout,
wonderful ocean-riding vessel and (at that time) superb service. Both
ships have nice outside deck spaces, but no balcony cabins (if that
matters to you.)