Request for comments about Holiday Inn Seattle

Old September 26th, 2003, 01:20 PM
William Asher

Default Request for comments about Holiday Inn Seattle

Hello. My wife and I secured a room on Priceline at the Holiday Inn
Seattle (on Dexter) for 9 days in February 2004. Of course with
Priceline you can't anticipate which hotel you are going to get, and
we have no way of backing out of our deal.

Should we be alarmed about staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle? Has
anybody ever stayed there and can you give us comments about that
hotel and/or the area it is in? I'm trying to put a positive spin to
this experience, but I'll accept any comments, good or bad.

Thanks,
William Asher
Old September 26th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Mark Hewitt

"William Asher" wrote in message
om...

Should we be alarmed about staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle?

Why should you be. Holiday Inns are generally very good.

Has
anybody ever stayed there and can you give us comments about that
hotel and/or the area it is in? I'm trying to put a positive spin to
this experience, but I'll accept any comments, good or bad.

I've not stayed in the Holiday Inn there, but I've been around and about the
area it is in, from my limited knowledge it looks perfectly fine, fairly
close to the city centre too. I'm sure you will enjoy your trip.. Despite
the weather at that time of year ;-)

Old September 26th, 2003, 05:02 PM
alohacyberian

"William Asher" wrote in message
om...
Hello. My wife and I secured a room on Priceline at the Holiday Inn
Seattle (on Dexter) for 9 days in February 2004. Of course with
Priceline you can't anticipate which hotel you are going to get, and
we have no way of backing out of our deal.

Should we be alarmed about staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle? Has
anybody ever stayed there and can you give us comments about that
hotel and/or the area it is in? I'm trying to put a positive spin to
this experience, but I'll accept any comments, good or bad.

The hotel and area you selected aren't in the high rent district nor are they
in an unsavory area. It's close to downtown, Lake Union and the Space
Needle, so it's ideally located. The hotel isn't posh nor is it a dump. I
assume you used priceline for reasons of economy and you won't be
disappointed. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old September 26th, 2003, 07:03 PM

Well, the hotel is fine, but it's not in the most attractive area. It's
not dangerous, though; just sort of industrial/commercial. However,
you're close to Seattle Center and from there you can take the monorail
downtown (to Westlake Center) and then walk to almost anyplace you'd
want to go (i.e. Pioneer Square, Pike Place Market). If I were to stay
in Seattle, I'd prefer a hotel in the area bounded by Elliott Bay,
Stewart St., Interstate 5, and Madison. That's roughly the "core" of
downtown.

Old September 26th, 2003, 07:05 PM

By the way, nine days sounds like a lot for Seattle. Guess you are
planning a lot of day trips.

Old September 27th, 2003, 05:17 AM
William Asher

Binyamin Dissen wrote in message . ..
On 26 Sep 2003 05:20:05 -0700 (William Asher) wrote:

:Hello. My wife and I secured a room on Priceline at the Holiday Inn
:Seattle (on Dexter) for 9 days in February 2004. Of course with
:Priceline you can't anticipate which hotel you are going to get, and
:we have no way of backing out of our deal.

You get the class that you ask for in the area you ask for.

Yes, I suppose we got the class we asked for, but Holiday Inn was not
one of the example hotels they listed to describe the class. I would
not consider Holiday Inn on the same level as Hilton or Sheraton and
others that they did list.

As priceline very clearly indicates.

If you wish a specific hotel you should not use priceline.

We have had great luck in the past with Priceline routing us to less
well known hotels that were fantastic. This was just not what we
expected.

:Should we be alarmed about staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle? Has
:anybody ever stayed there and can you give us comments about that
:hotel and/or the area it is in? I'm trying to put a positive spin to
:this experience, but I'll accept any comments, good or bad.

Why are you assuming that the experience needs spin?

If you look at the picture of the Holiday Inn Downtown Seattle on the
web you will see a run down looking building next to the hotel. That
sent my radar up about the type of neighborhood we were in. As one of
the other respondents to the message indicated, this is not the best
neighborhood. I am relieved to know that it is not dangerous - only
light industrial and run down.
Old September 27th, 2003, 03:28 PM
William Asher

"Mark Hewitt" wrote
"William Asher"
Should we be alarmed about staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle?

Why should you be. Holiday Inns are generally very good.

I have stayed at several Holiday Inns. Some are very good (I liked
the one at the airport in Los Angeles, and one in Lombard, Illinois,
for examples), but others (which thankfully fade in memory) were not
memorable. I stayed at one in Ithaca, New York, that had a killer
chicken peanut Thai salad in the restaurant (excellent!), so that was
quite memorable.
Old September 28th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Dancing Waters

We want to go to Poulsbo to buy some bread. It doesn't
take much to keep us entertained.

It must be odd to live somewhere where you can't buy bread, and have
to travel to a seedy hotel in a seedy city to get some. What'll that
cost you....bout $50 a loaf?