Tips for Fiji

Old February 5th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Cathy

Default Tips for Fiji

My husband and I are travelling around the world in October. Our first
stop is Fiji, where we are staying for 4 nights at the Warwick Hotel
before heading onto New Zealand.

As we're only in Fiji for a few days, we'd like to make the most of
the time we have there, and fit in as much sightseeing as possible.
Can anyone recommend any Fiji 'must sees'? We like boat trips - is it
possible to travel by boat to the 'Castaway' Island in a day from this
resort?

Many thanks, Cathy
Old February 5th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Aussiemick

where we are staying for 4 nights at the Warwick Hotel
we'd like to make the most of the time we have there, and fit in as much
sightseeing as possible.Can anyone recommend any Fiji 'must sees'? We like boat
trips - is it possible to travel by boat to the 'Castaway' Island in a day

The Warwick is located at the far south end of Viti Levu, a couple of hour
drive from the Nadi Airport.There are a lot of activities on the Island ranging
from a visit to Raymond Burr's orchid farm to river rafting to hiking to
shopping. You can also take one of many boats from the Denarau marina to the
outer islands, some drop you off at an island beach and pick you up later in
the day and others visit several islands. You can check at Rosies Travel
Agency at the Nadi airport and they can book any of the activities for you
including transfers from the Warwick. If you can, do visit a Fijian village,
the more remote the better. It is a wonderful glimpse of the history of the
country.

Mick Maurer
Old February 6th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Cathy