That 'panacea' of Socialized medicine coming to USA? Royal DarwinHospital "shocking", AMA says (NT Australia news)

Old February 21st, 2013, 11:56 PM posted to [email protected],rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default That 'panacea' of Socialized medicine coming to USA? Royal Darw...

On 2/21/2013 2:12 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Name the hospital, Evelyn...why did you avoid the question? Back up
your statement or else it cannot be believed!

I didn't "avoid" anything - I was simply relaying information. I have
only once sought "emergency" care (at Banner-Boswell, which IMO ranks
near rock bottom and will never see me again) I can only vouch for the
fact that before they would even LOOK at me, I had to provide them
with my insurance information.

It's normal procedure for all hospitals to ask if you have insurance.
It does not mean that you would not have been treated had you not had
insurance. My next door neightbor works in a hospital billing
department and she says that many are treated that do not have
insurance. Some pay by payments each month and others who are not
financially able end up not paying at all.

Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Poetic Justice

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote;

I have only once sought "emergency" care
(at Banner-Boswell, which IMO ranks near
rock bottom and will never see me again)

Well good luck seeing as they will have to med-flight you out of Arizona
if you want better care.

Banner-Boswell is one of the top 100 US hospitals out of 2,886 and the
only one in AZ to make that ranking.

If you have a heart attack or a stroke you better hope they take you
there also they are in the nation's top 5% for preventing mortality and
complications (see below).

----------------------------------

Banner Boswell Medical Center in Sun City was named one of the nation's
Top 100 hospitals by Thomson Reuters.

Banner Boswell is the only hospital in Arizona to receive the 2012
honor.

It was also one of 12 Everest Award winners. To receive the Everest
Award, a hospital must be ranked among the top 100 and have delivered
the greatest rate of improvement during the past five years.
[Snip]
The Thomson Reuters hospital performance rankings take into account many
areas, including mortality, medical complications, patient safety,
average patient stay, expenses and profitability. The study also
evaluates patient satisfaction, adherence to clinical standards of care,
post-discharge mortality and readmission rates for heart attack, heart
failure and pneumonia.

To conduct the 100 Top Hospitals study, Thomson Reuters researchers
evaluated 2,886 short-term, acute care, non-federal hospitals.

--------------------------------------
2011 U.S. News and World Report "One of Phoenix's Best Hospitals."

---------------------------------------
Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke
Centers. Only hospital in the area to receive this.

------------------------------------
Nation's top five percent for preventing mortality and complications.

(Nov. 20, 2012) -- The Healthcare Accreditation Colloquium recently
announced that Banner Boswell Medical Center has been designated an
Accredited Heart Failure Center.

The recognition took place in conjunction with Banner Health achieving
Heart Failure System Accreditation, becoming the FIRST to achieve this
distinction in the western region of the U.S. and the SECOND in the
country.

And there is more.