Message for Travelocity Customer Service (if it exists)

Old March 17th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Bernard T. Higonnet

Default Message for Travelocity Customer Service (if it exists)

Hello,

I am posting this here because I have not been able to find a way to
communicate with Travelocity. There is a link labelled "Customer Care"
which points to http://svc.travelocity.com/custsvc/0...LOCITY,00.html
but the server informs me this page does not exist!!!

I spent 15 minutes trying to change my profile (credit card and address) but
was unable to do so because, though the form provides for any number of
countries of residence, it appears to understand only United States. As I
now reside elsewhere I was unable to change my profile.

If I am unable to provide Travelocity with my billing address, I will be
unable to use my credit card, and if I am unable to use my credit card, I
will be unable to buy tickets...

Though I understand the difficulty of providing good service at low prices,
it gets to be frustrating to use a site (good at it otherwise may be) which
provides exclusively for one-way communication. In the age of the Internet
and globalization, providing an 800 number is not enough.

Bernard Higonnet
Old March 17th, 2004, 10:35 AM
mtravelkay

Bernard T. Higonnet wrote:
[...]

Check the numbers here; (or just call +1 (210) 477-1089)
http://travelocity.custhelp.com/cgi-...hp?p_faqid=194

Or use the form here
http://travelocity.custhelp.com/cgi-...i/travform.php

Remember, Google is your friend.... Nomen loves it..........

Old March 17th, 2004, 12:31 PM
~~ Ray ~~

the pages loads up ok, and seems to be working fine.

Not an employee of travelocity by the way.

--

Ray -
www.PaperPencils.co.uk

\\ l l l //
(@ @)
____________ oOO-(_)-OOo____________
"mtravelkay" wrote in message

Bernard T. Higonnet wrote:
[...]

http://travelocity.custhelp.com/cgi-...nduser/std_adp.
php?p_faqid=194

Or use the form here
http://travelocity.custhelp.com/cgi-...duser/cci/trav

Old March 17th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Bernard T. Higonnet" wrote:

Hello,

I am posting this here because I have not been able to find a way to
communicate with Travelocity. There is a link labelled "Customer Care"
which points to http://svc.travelocity.com/custsvc/0...LOCITY,00.html
but the server informs me this page does not exist!!!

I spent 15 minutes trying to change my profile (credit card and address) but
was unable to do so because, though the form provides for any number of
countries of residence, it appears to understand only United States. As I
now reside elsewhere I was unable to change my profile.

Get a new one in your country is residence

for U.K. travelocity.co.uk
Germany (& rest of Europe?) travelocity.de
Canada travelocity.ca
Asia/Australia/N.Z. Zuji.com
Old March 17th, 2004, 05:04 PM
mtravelkay

~~ Ray ~~ wrote:
the pages loads up ok, and seems to be working fine.

Not an employee of travelocity by the way.

It didn't work when I tried it to see if the problem was only the OP's
or affected others, so I called Travelocity
They said they would get right on it. I guess they did.

Old March 18th, 2004, 03:41 AM
User 1.nospam

FWIW
Sometimes changing browsers will do the trick. I have had IE fail several
times on different pages...then I tried Netscape and the problems
disappeared....and vise versa.

Old March 18th, 2004, 03:44 AM
mtravelkay

User 1.nospam wrote:

FWIW
Sometimes changing browsers will do the trick. I have had IE fail several
times on different pages...then I tried Netscape and the problems
disappeared....and vise versa.

I tested it with multiple browsers, then I called them and they found
the problem. It was interesting to find they had someone capable of
fixing it in the early hours. This was BEFORE I sent the post telling
the OP the phone numbers and email info, which were easily found in a
google search.

Old March 18th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Bernard T. Higonnet

mtravelkay wrote:

User 1.nospam wrote:

FWIW
Sometimes changing browsers will do the trick. I have had IE fail
several times on different pages...then I tried Netscape and the problems
disappeared....and vise versa.

I tested it with multiple browsers, then I called them and they found
the problem. It was interesting to find they had someone capable of
fixing it in the early hours. This was BEFORE I sent the post telling
the OP the phone numbers and email info, which were easily found in a
google search.

Yes, I went back there and the link was working.

I am not as impressed about fixing the problem (must still be a bit
frustrated...). For a site with as many people using it, if the contact
link goes dead for any reason, emails to the customer non-service
department go to zero and somebody (or some separate monitoring program
(like programs which monitor if a site is down)) should have noticed. This
is akin to having an airline telephone reservation center no longer having
any calls - it becomes painfully apparent in less than 1 minute. But then
again, Travelocity may view pages selling tickets as more important than
pages for customer service which produce no direct revenue and only
generate costs.

But I have to admit, searching for a different way with Google was very
clever. I actually like Travelocity and believe I am one of their very
first customers, but have never been impressed with responses to any
personal issue/problem I may ever have had. I would never have had the
courage to attempt to call them and tell them their site wasn't working.

Bernard Higonnet