what a last day before the cruise

Old January 9th, 2011, 04:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ohioguy

Default what a last day before the cruise

Had an interesting day today, while finishing last minute packing.
My wife spun out on the icy roads on the way to work, went over a 6"
median, and ended up facing traffic coming from the other direction.
She and the car seem ok. I test drove the car, and there seem to be no
loaks or damage of any kind. We'll have to have it looked over a bit
better once we return. Needless to say, she is looking forward to the
warm Caribbean more than ever! We leave in early AM tomorrow. (Sunday)

Old January 9th, 2011, 05:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NOSPAMER

On 1/8/2011 9:52 PM, Ohioguy wrote:
Had an interesting day today, while finishing last minute packing. My
wife spun out on the icy roads on the way to work, went over a 6"
median, and ended up facing traffic coming from the other direction. She
and the car seem ok. I test drove the car, and there seem to be no loaks
or damage of any kind. We'll have to have it looked over a bit better
once we return. Needless to say, she is looking forward to the warm
Caribbean more than ever! We leave in early AM tomorrow. (Sunday)

Haven't you heard? There's a huge winter storm brewing from Puerto Rico
to Cozumel. They are expecting six inches of snow and freezing waters.
They are sending an ice breaker from Seattle in case it's needed. In
the meantime, Kansas City will have temps in the high 70's for the
entire week.

Now if you believe that crap, shame on you. We are expecting our first
big snowfall of the season on Monday - Tuesday. My step daughter and
her husband left today for Miami to catch their cruise leaving Sunday
for the Eastern Caribbean. Since they cruise so much, they always get
the big suites.

Rich
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , John
Sisker wrote:

We live in Southern California: what's snow? Our philosophy is simply... if
we want snow, we can drive up to it in about an hour and a half and have all
we want. We have no interest in having it come to us. Likewise, this gives
us a better foundation and premise for booking cruises for our clients.

That is west coast philosophy. In the northeast we don't get it when we
want it.....a white christmas....the rest of the time we don't want it
and get it when we don't want it. The prudent cruise traveler from the
northeast and midwest who books a cruise in the winter takes that into
consideration and leaves a day or two early to get to the port. Anyone
traveling from the west to Florida or the Caribbean with connecting
flights in the east would be wise to do that too.

--
Charles