Just Back from My cruise.

Old January 11th, 2011, 12:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Default Just Back from My cruise.

We got home at about 4 PM yesterday after driving back fro Galveston.
It's about a 6 hour drive.

Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas is still a great lady. The ship
was in beautiful condition and spotlessly clean. The food was very good
and the crew were just awesome. We won a couple of little prizes at
trivia and I entered the "Miss Biceps" contest. I didn't win (I didn't
expect to at age 64+) but it was fun. I do have nice biceps, though.

The entertainment was not so great. The production shows were very good
and the ice skating show was, as always, a treat, but except for "The
Unexpected Boys" a take off on the Four Seasons who we saw in April on
Explorer, the other shows were boring. Comedians were not funny.

The weather was wonderful and the seas, except for the first night, were
calm and smooth. Great voyage.

We didn't even get off the boat in Cozumel. BTDT too many times. I did
do the Sea Trek Helmet Dive on Grand Cayman and it was awesome. Can't
wait until ti get the little underwater film camera in to Walgreens to
develop the film. At Montego Bay we found a cab driver a little bit away
from the port terminal commotion and hired hi for a tour. Went to some
nice sites and to Rose Hall Plantation. We bought some Blue Mountain
coffee and a little bottle of Appleton rum which security took upon
re-boarding but returned on Saturday night. Not a problem. I bought it
to take home anyway.

Lots of nice people aboard and probably one of the funniest waiters ever.

Only thing that did not pass muster was the service in Portofino's the
specialty restaurant. It was way off.

Booked our next cruise on Celebrity for 4/12 to get a free upgrade and
on-board credit. Secured a good location cabin on deck 8 mid-ship near
the elevators. We don't want to be too high or all the way forward or
aft if the Pacific crossings are rough. It's from San Diego back to San
Diego and goes around the Hawaiian Islands. 15 days!

Next cruise is in June on a river barge.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 1/10/2011 7:50 PM, Stu wrote:

Glad to see you are back and had a good time. Yes the specialty
restaurants have been getting a bad rap, and it seems well deserved.

The food was excellent. We were used to much, much better service however.

Old January 11th, 2011, 05:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

On Jan 10, 3:47*pm, Janet Wilder wrote:
We got home at about 4 PM yesterday after driving back fro Galveston.
It's about a 6 hour drive.

Welcome home. Looking forward to hearing about the barge trip

Mark
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:47:38 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

We got home at about 4 PM yesterday after driving back fro Galveston.
It's about a 6 hour drive.

Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas is still a great lady. The ship
was in beautiful condition and spotlessly clean. The food was very good
and the crew were just awesome. We won a couple of little prizes at
trivia and I entered the "Miss Biceps" contest. I didn't win (I didn't
expect to at age 64+) but it was fun. I do have nice biceps, though.

pics lol
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
I never have nor ever will solicit or accept a booking.
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:47:38 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

We got home at about 4 PM yesterday after driving back fro Galveston.
It's about a 6 hour drive.

Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas is still a great lady. The ship
was in beautiful condition and spotlessly clean. The food was very good
and the crew were just awesome. We won a couple of little prizes at
trivia and I entered the "Miss Biceps" contest. I didn't win (I didn't
expect to at age 64+) but it was fun. I do have nice biceps, though.

Nice review, glad you had a good time. VOTS was our first cruise and
good to see she is still shipshape!
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 1/10/2011 11:24 PM, Ari Silverstein, C.T.A. wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:47:38 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

We got home at about 4 PM yesterday after driving back fro Galveston.
It's about a 6 hour drive.

Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas is still a great lady. The ship
was in beautiful condition and spotlessly clean. The food was very good
and the crew were just awesome. We won a couple of little prizes at
trivia and I entered the "Miss Biceps" contest. I didn't win (I didn't
expect to at age 64+) but it was fun. I do have nice biceps, though.

pics lol

http://i53.tinypic.com/10nxif6.jpg

I'm the one in the blue bathing suit.

Old January 12th, 2011, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:58:04 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

On 1/10/2011 11:24 PM, Ari Silverstein, C.T.A. wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:47:38 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

We got home at about 4 PM yesterday after driving back fro Galveston.
It's about a 6 hour drive.

Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas is still a great lady. The ship
was in beautiful condition and spotlessly clean. The food was very good
and the crew were just awesome. We won a couple of little prizes at
trivia and I entered the "Miss Biceps" contest. I didn't win (I didn't
expect to at age 64+) but it was fun. I do have nice biceps, though.

pics lol

http://i53.tinypic.com/10nxif6.jpg

I'm the one in the blue bathing suit.

Address?
Marital status?
Other?
Old January 12th, 2011, 03:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 1/11/2011 5:28 PM, Ari Silverstein, C.T.A. wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:58:04 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

On 1/10/2011 11:24 PM, Ari Silverstein, C.T.A. wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:47:38 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

We got home at about 4 PM yesterday after driving back fro Galveston.
It's about a 6 hour drive.

Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas is still a great lady. The ship
was in beautiful condition and spotlessly clean. The food was very good
and the crew were just awesome. We won a couple of little prizes at
trivia and I entered the "Miss Biceps" contest. I didn't win (I didn't
expect to at age 64+) but it was fun. I do have nice biceps, though.

pics lol

http://i53.tinypic.com/10nxif6.jpg

I'm the one in the blue bathing suit.

Address?

Way-the-heck-south Texas
Marital status?

Happily married for 25 years to hubby #2. Unhapilly married to hubby #1
for 8 out of 13 years g

Other?

Something of a gym rat. Weight training, Pilates and Yoga. Do a little
Zumba when I can get up early enough. Took a belly dancing class a
couple of years ago and couldn't stop laughing at myself. It was great
fun and super exercise, but not anything I would ever let anyone see me do.
Old January 12th, 2011, 04:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RsH

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:58:04 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

http://i53.tinypic.com/10nxif6.jpg

I'm the one in the blue bathing suit.

I see why your biceps didn't win grin...
Old January 12th, 2011, 06:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:36:00 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

[...]

Caught the biceps hypertrophy, looks great. Good looking set of legs
as well, congrats on your focus.

FYI

http://www.volnation.com/forum/4565219-post47.html